Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

He had some of Rafes face, and some of Rafes body- but he was not Rafe. In place of his left arm was a robotic one. It glistened bronze and gold, the gears within the metal turning as steam popped from it valves every once in a while. The left half of his face was covered in the same metal parts, gears replacing his ears and part of his mouth. Bronze teeth glittered in the cold light coming through the cracks in the walls. The most terrifying was that his left eye was a red void, it focused on me. His human face twisted into an evil smile. "Its great to see you again, buddy." he snarled stalking towards me. My eyes were on his metal parts as they clicked and whirred. I twisted quickly and placed the barrel of my gun on his head. "Nathan burried you under a pile of gold. How the hell are you alive." I snarled. Rafe grinned at me, his eye gleaming with joy. "Well, yes. Your lovely brother did bury me under a pile of gold- but he forgot about the decaying boat we where standing on. Unfortunately, my arm was ripped off with the gold and my face was seared off by the fire..." Rafe said, running his human hand along the metal part of his face.

"What did you do with Nathan." I demanded, clicking the release on the gun. Rafe laughed, his laugh echoing through the empty halls. Victor was guarding Cassie, his gun pointed at Rafe.

"Well, Nathan isnt hear- you took a little to long... so I moved him to my next palace. Hes alive, dont worry... but."

A merc appeared from the rubble, he was dragging a body. It was limp with a bag on its head, the clothes it wore... no. He didnt.

Rafe removed the bag with his metal hand. Alaya's face was limp, blood dribbled from her mouth. Rage overtook me and I pulled the trigger, the gun went off but Rafe was still standing in front of me. "What did you think, Samuel." he knocked on his head the sound of metal echoed through the palace.

A metal arm came up and suddenly it felt like a boulder had hit my stomach. I was off my feet, then I was flying sideways. I crashed into Victor and crumpled on the ground. "See you soon." Rafe laughed I could just make out him picking up Alaya and striding out of the palace before the pain overtook me and I was knocked unconscious.

--

I stood helpless as the metal man took Alaya and left us helpless. I wanted to cry, and scream but I stood staring at my uncle passed out on the ground and Sully trying to wake him up.Who ever he was, he had my family. I felt pure hatred poor through my veins. I balled my hands into fists. "I'll kill you." I whispered after the thing. Victor waved his hand infront of me. "Cassie, I need your help- help me get Sam to the boat we need to go after them." I nodded helping Sullivan lift Sams unconscious body up and to the boat. Sully revved the engine and drove as fast as he could after Rafe's boat- but we were to late by the time we reached the land they had taken Alaya and left in their car. "Shit..." Sullivan whispered. Turning back to Sam, trying to wake him up again.

I scooped some water out of the boat and dumped it on Sams head. His eyes flashed open and he sat up, clutching his stomach in pain. "Alaya, wholey shit- Rafe has Alaya." Sam said, his breathing escalating with panic. "Calm down, we cant do anything right now- they took her. Calm down."

Sam groaned as he stood, but he still stood. "That peice of shit, that metal peice of shit has my brother and Alaya. I'm going to fucking kill him." he snarled, spitting out a bit of blood. "We have to figure out where they went first Sam." I looked around, a slip of muddy paper caught my eye. I picked it up and wiped the mud from the paper. "Look." I said, handing it to Sam. A brochure for the Temple of Angkor, Cambodia."he said. "We go there." he said. Sullivan grabbed his shoulder. "Sam, no- how do we even know that that is where he wants us to go, I think its high time we involved the police. We shouldn't be doing this on our own." Sam glared at Sullivan. "You. You, want to involve the police? You of all people." Sam was getting frustrated. They both thundered at eachother.

"Samuel, this is far to dangerous for Cassandra, for you. You forget your age."

"Dont talk to me about age old man. That undead robot has my brother, I'm going to Cambodia whether you like it or not."

He stormed off, getting in the car. I followed, Sullivan behind me. We sat in the car in silence, driving back to the hotel. Sam packed his stuff, then turned to me. "Cas, you can either come with me and save your parents or cower like a child." he said. His voice hostile and cold, empty of all emotion. Sam was filled to brim with rage, I could see it in his eyes. I looked at Sullivan. "We cant abandon my parents." I pleaded. Sully sighed quietly. "I'll go, fine." Sam stepped around us. "I'll be in the cab." I packed my things, and packed Alayas things. Taking both bags down to the cab. I got in the car, watching the hotel vanish into the thick rain.

Within hours we were back on the plane, in the direction of Cambodia. Sam sat across from me, playing with his pistol. "This time. I'm going to bury that rich boy, and I'll do it right." he snarled.