Epilogue

Epilogue

I dashed across the top of the building, my bag at my side. Flying like the wind across the tile roofs, I could hear the angry shouting behind me. My long legs gifted me with the ability of speed. Chocolate brown hair flying out behind me like a river. I chuckled, dodging the chimneys. Jumping from roof to roof. I heard the tired pant of my brother beside me. "Really Liz?" he grumbled, keeping up with me. Alistair was larger than I was, he was built like a swimmer. I was skinny and lanky. I laughed, rolling upon impact of the second jump. I opened my bag, showing him the prize I had nabbed. It was a picture. A picture of me, when I was little- with braces and a set of glasses. My mother had taken on my 10th birthday. One of the kids at my highschool had gotten it, and threatened to show it to everyone- so I did the only smart thing, the only thing a Drake would do- Steal it back. My little brother rolled his gray eyes. "Honestly, its not that bad." I snorted at him, standing up and scaling down the side of the building to my idling motorcycle. "You wouldnt know, mr-jock." I jumped onto the bike, starting it up- we ripped through the night. My brother gripping the seat behind me.  I was seventeen now, he was fifteen. We ripped away from the neighborhood and up the private driveway to our house. Our mother would kill us if she found out about what we were doing. Honestly, it had been my dads idea. When I told him about it, he told me- steal it back. Much to my mothers dismay.

We pulled into the driveway, opening the door slowly. It was just pasted sunset. My father was in the living room, and my mother was... somewhere..? I pushed open the door when I heard my brother scream in suprise. I jumped to feel a hand on my shoulder. I spun around and tripped, falling on my ass in the kitchen. My mother stood behind me, her hands on her hips. "What did I tell you about stealing, Elizabeth Madeline Drake." She growled. I stared at her. "Where did you come from?!" she laughed. "The roof." I glanced up at our roof, it was a good ten-fifteen feet off the ground. "And you, Alistair Dennis Drake." she spun on my brother. "Wait- you jumped fifteen feet?" I said. Still stuck on the fact that she, a almost sixty year old woman had jumped from a height of fifteen feet. She rolled her eyes. "Did you think your father was the only climber in the family." she chuckled, helping us both up and walking into the house. She turned to my father. "I think its time we showed them." My dad raised an eyebrow, but nodded. "Yeah." They walked down the hallway to a closet, a closet that had always been locked. Ever since I was little. My father had already told me a lot about his past life, his brother, their adventures. How he was in jail for fifteen years. He turned a key, and pushed open the door. The room was dusty, but there were artifacts everywhere. Peices of metal, coins, pictures. Mom dusted off a photo sitting on one of the shelves. She showed it to us. It was a picture of her, a beautiful woman stared at me. Dressed in red, her hair tied up off her face. Longer than she had it now. "See, mommy was a beautiful young thief once." she chuckled. Alistair picked up a chunk of red-stained metal. "Whats this." My mother looked at dad, smiling. 'I guess we should tell them, 'eh." She dusted off one of the couches in the corner of the room. "It started in the summertime, eighteen years ago. When your father's brother was kidnapped..."