JUNE EIGHTH

Bucky,

I'm bored today. Clint really won't let me and Wanda do much of anything until we've fully recovered from the hell we've been through. All I've done today is eat and watch little kid shows on TV. I decided I'd feel less like shit if I came up to my room to write. Don't get me wrong, Dora is a good show, but it's definitely not for a 21 year old who lacks the mentality and patience. Now I'm here, scribbling words onto a sheet of paper meant for my significant other when he finally finds his way back to me from his cryogenic sleep.

That's something that's actually been on my mind quite a lot lately. How the hell does cryo even work, Bucky? It doesn't make sense to me at all. I mean, I understand the ice preserves your body, but if a human's body temperature drops to a certain point, they're gonna die. I'm glad it does work, though. If it didn't, I never would've met you and I never would've met Steve, but I just don't understand how it works. I'm sure if I asked Stark about it he'd give me some long, scientific answer that was beyond my comprehension, so when you read this, I expect you to give me the basics (y'know, if I'm still alive when they let you out).

I apologize in advance if I do skip a few days, though. There's not much for me to do around here when I'm in such a condition. I may write a little bit of random stuff just because of who I am as a person, and you've stated before that you love my randomness, so yeah. I think I'm gonna try to go to sleep now considering I haven't slept properly in about a week.

I love you, baby.

Yours,

Marlena