JULY THIRD

Bucky,

I've been feeling a little better now that I have had the time to drown myself in the beauty of Elvis's voice again. I think I love him even more now than I did when I first introduced you to his music. I hear the lyrics of his songs differently now; I've experienced far more that I ever thought I would when we first became friends.

Isn't that strange? There was a time that you were my friend, Bucky. Even then, I cared so deeply about you. I wanted nothing more than to help you find your way back home again. I never thought that I'd be your home. I know you can't help who you fall in love with, but I cannot even begin to understand why of all the people in this big, big world, I was lucky enough to fall for James Buchanan Barnes. There's billions of people in this world, baby, yet I only see you. You are the love of my life, Bucky. Usually people my age are nowhere near ready to settle down, but with you, I would give anything to settle down, as long as you'd be by my side.

I've had this one Elvis song on repeat for the past four hours, and if you think I'm kidding, ask Wanda when you come out of cryo. I think the lyrics really get to me. I think of you; I think of us when I hear it.

"I'll remember you
Long after this endless summer has gone
I'll be lonely oh so lonely
Living only to remember you

I'll remember too
Your voice as soft as the warm summer breeze
Your sweet laughter, mornings after
Ever after, I'll remember you

To your arms someday I'll return to stay
Till then I will remember too
Every bright star we made wishes upon
Love me always, promise always
Oh, you'll remember too

I'll remember you."

I know it's crazy, but I feel as if Elvis wrote this song just for us. I hope you're out of cryo soon, Buck, but if you're not, I want you to know this; I will remember you, James Barnes. I can't wait until you can hold me in your arms again. I can't wait until we can fall asleep in each other's arms just to wake up next to each other again. I will always wanna wake up next to you. I promise, I'll be waiting here for you when you wake up, Buck. I'd have to be dead to not be there, and trust me, even my ghost might try to make it there. I'm totally kidding, but you know what I mean.

See you (hopefully) soon, love.

Yours,

Marlena