JULY ELEVENTH

Bucky,

Steve's birthday was several days ago. I was hoping I'd get to see him, maybe ask him how the research and everything was going regarding your recovery, but I didn't even hear from him until yesterday. He calls every few days to check on Wanda and me, but he rarely ever gives me any details involving you. I know he doesn't want to disappoint me, but his silence is disappointing enough within itself.

Aside from Steve's birthday, I was able to see something amazing on the 4th; Clint's neighbors (who aren't his family) set off a few fireworks. I felt like a little kid again, Bucky. I was just sitting there in the grass with Wanda, Cooper, and Levi, looking up at the sky, all of my sorrows temporarily subsiding. You probably wouldn't have liked the noise; they were so loud, I swear I'm still recovering from a headache. But, boy, I know you would've loved the sight of them. You always have been pretty easily amused when it comes to that kinda thing.

Oh, something else interesting has been happening. I've been subjecting Lila to the angelic voices of Elvis and Frank Sinatra for about a week now; she loves them. You should see the way her eyes light up at the sound of Sinatra's rendition of Beyond the Sea. She's so smart, Bucky. I love being around her; it makes me miss Mason, a lot, though. You know, I've already mentioned how I wanted to start a family with you one day, but I can't really put into words how badly I want that. I hope we'll have kids one day that will appreciate the King and Sinatra as much as you and I do.

Missing you lots, sweetheart.

Yours,

Marlena