Chapter 26

Chapter 26 -

Ellie's POV -

I kept looking from my plate of food and my phone that lies next to it. I just kept thinking about whether to message Harry back, but I told him that I needed time and I didn't want him to think he can just treat me like crap and I'll forgive him straight away. I looked back at my food and began eating, listening to what my mom was saying. To be honest I haven't been listening to a word she has said for the last 20 minutes, my own thoughts have preoccupied me.

"Ellie, did you hear me?" my mom asked snapping her finger in front of my face to regain my attention.

"Oh sorry mom I was in my own little world, what was it?" I carefully picked up my glass of water and took a sip.

"I said James is over there with his parents." She nodded her head to left of our table, indicating that James was over in that direction. I placed my glass back down and looked to my left, trying not to be noticed by him. Just as I turned my head I saw his Mom smile and wave at me. Although James may have been absolute idiot to me, his mom and dad were still very nice people. Graciously I smiled and wave back to them. His mom waving towards me had caught James's attention and he turned and looked in my direction. My heart began beating so quickly I thought I was going to pass out. He has not changed at all, he still has dark black hair, big brown eyes, olive skinned and a beautiful smile. James was a lot different to Harry, that's why I was shocked my I found Harry attractive. James smiled at me and returned his attention to his mom, I did the same looking at my mom.

"Well this is awkward" I muttered under my breath.

"Its about to get even worse" my mom huffed. I looked to my left to see that James and his mom were approaching our table. Great.

"Ellie, how are you darling?" his mom greeted me with her arms wide open, I stood from my seat and plastered a huge fake smile on my face as I hugged his mom.

"Hello Nicola, I'm good thank you. How about you?" I politely replied while she released me from a hug and embraced my mom into a hug.

"I'm very well, you still look as beautiful as ever" she smiled. I turned my head from Nicola (James's Mom) and looked at James.

"Ellie, how you been?" James asked his eyes looking my body up and down, which made me feel very uncomfortable.

"I'm well you?"

"Yeah good, just at University" he smiled, damn you James and your perfect smile.

"Same, what one do you go to?"

"I'm in London studying Law, what about you?" he asked.

"London but I'm at the Business University, studying Business and Marketing." Once I had replied I look to see our parents engaged in conversation.

"You never answered my calls or texts" James stated.

"New number" I smiled, trying make it seem like I didn't change my number so he couldn't contact me.

"You know I really am sorry with what happened between us, right" he looked me straight in my eyes. I saw a glimmer of sadness and shame on his face.

"I know, well that's the past so lets just try to move from it." This whole situation was already awkward, I really couldn't stand here shouting at him because he hurt me.

"Well maybe we could start by you giving me your new number, since we're both in London with people we don't know. We could meet up when we wanna see a familiar face." He held a cheeky smile on his face, this is what I liked about James his cheekiness. Harry is cheeky as well, at least I found one similarity between them.