Chapter 48

Chapter 48 -

Ellie's POV -

We were all seated at the table I sat next to Harry with his mom sitting opposite me and Harrys dad sitting next to her. It was a very modern restaurant, something my dad would choose. I'm very happy I went with the blazer and heels because everybody in the restaurant was dressed smartly, except Harry who was in skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. But he still looked better than other man in this restaurant and plus I see him in a suit all the while at University. I watch Harry as he looks at his phone under the table, he catches his lip bar between his teeth and plays with it. I noticed his does that when concentrating.

"So Ellie, you're studying the same as Harry aren't you?" Harry's dad asks coolly. I turn my gaze from Harry and to his parents.

"Yeah Business and Marketing" I smile.

"So you want to be a business woman?" he asks.

"Well yeah, my dad wants me to join the company he works for but I need the qualifications first." Truly I have never really wanted to work in business it's just my dad has such a heavy influence in my life, I have no choice.

"Well if you get the correct qualifications, you could work at my company" he smiled. I didn't understand whether he was joking or if he was being serious.

"Dad you cannot employ my girlfriend, now enough business talk." Harry smiled at me and placed his hand on my thigh, before returning back to his phone and typing away.

Other than the awkward conversation at first and Harry constantly on his phone, the meal was lovely. Anne and David were nice people, David was a bit wrapped up in work similar to my dad. But Anne was really she spoke to me about normal things and even invited me to go shopping with her soon, since Christmas was fast approaching.

Once we were all done we went to out separate cars, Harry was driving while I just sat quietly in the passenger seat. I was a little annoyed with how rude he was at dinner, he barely spoke to anyone he was just messing on his phone. But I really don't want to argue with him since we're at his families home and it would just be awkward for everyone.

Soon enough we were back at his families home, Anne and David were going around a friends house after dinner so it was just me and Harry. Neither of us had made an attempt to talk to each other on the drive home. Which is normal for Harry but I usually try.

I unbuckled my seat belt and stepped out the car closing the door behind me. I walked up tot he front door and waited for Harry to come and open the door.

"You alright?" he asked as he unlocked the front door.

"Hmm" I nodded and stepped into the house as soon as the door was open. The warm air was so comforting. I headed straight up to the bed to get out of my clothes and into something to sleep in. Harry followed behind me.

I removed my shoes and placed them neatly the side of the overnight bag. I stripped out my clothing while Harry sat on the bed observing me. I pulled out my white and grey striped pj shorts, they were very short but very comfy. I stood up from the floor where I searching for my clothes and pulled them up my legs.

"Come here" Harry spoke. I walked over to Harry and stood in front of him. He looked at my body, I was only wearing my shorts and my bra. So I was slightly exposed but I'm comfortable around Harry now. He grabbed my hand and pull me onto his lap sideways, my bum resting on his one leg and my legs draped over his.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he asked tracing small circles on the skin of my thigh.

"Yes why wouldn't I be?" I asked.