The Most Punk Rock Angel You'll Ever Meet

Yep. Serious chapter names stop... now!
~~~~~~*~~~~~~
"Gerard..." An unfamiliar voice greeted Gerard, surprising him.

"Huh? Oh, no. Another mysterious person, great."

"You'll have to trust me if you want me to help you."

"How can I trust someone when I can't see their face?"

"Open your eyes."

"I'll just see Brendon."

"Trust me. You're away from him, at least for a while."

"If you say so," Gerard slowly opened one eye and then the other, blinking several times to get used to the bright atmosphere surrounding him. He was greeted with a woman, obviously an angel, in front of him. She had raven black hair and a jacket to match. Her bright red lipstick and perfect eyeliner made her features apparent in such a way that she looked like the most beautiful person you've ever met and made you feel like she could knock your teeth out with one punch. The tattoos on her left arm definitely helped the punk rocker aesthetic she had going for her.

"Wow.." was all Gerard could manage as he stared at her, wings and all. They were different from his, a much brighter white and golden at the tips of the feathers. "Who are you?"

"I'm Lindsey. I thought you might need a hand?"

"Yeah.. Thanks," He smiled awkwardly.

"There's a reason why I came to help you," She chuckled a bit to herself, "Y'know, other than the fact that I was told to."

"I was beginning to wonder why an archangel came to help me."

"Yeah, we only come out for special occasions, but we make exceptions when one of us is in trouble."

"One of- No, no, that can't be right. I'm not.. Brendon. Isn't he? Wasn't he? A-And then.. Isn't that-?"

A soft finger to his lips and a light hush brought a halt to Gerard's words, "You are way overthinking this, but let me clear it all up. Brendon was an archangel, but he was an asshole so he got kicked out. Everyone knows that. There always has to be a certain number of archangels at a time, though, and I was charged with the job of finding a new one," Lindsey smiled brightly at Gerard, "I think I've done my job."

"You couldn't be talking about me."

"Oh, I definitely could be."

"How? How do I even qualify to be an archangel? What have I ever done that's.. archangel-y?" Surprising things like this make him make up words, it's just how it is.

"You do know there's a difference between being a saint and an archangel, right? You don't have to be the best person ever to be an archangel. I mean, look at me. Do I look like a saint to you?"

"Well..."

"Go on ahead, Gerard. I'm not gonna be offended either way."

"Well.. not really?"

"Exactly. Now, the last piece of the puzzle is.." She looked at him hopefully, "Do you even want to be one?"
~~~~~~*~~~~~~
"Mikey. Go."

"Frank, what are you talking ab-"

Frank turned slightly to give Mikey a piercing look, "Did I fucking stutter? Go!" His tone was menacing as Mikey nodded, getting up and going to his room.

"Aw, you scared my baby brother."

"Cut the crap, Billie Joe. That damn tie of yours gave you away."

"Ooh, caught me," Gerard's voice became Billie Joe, and he ran a hand through his hair turning it black, "I really wish you would stop interfering with my mission," He wiped a hand over his face, smiling as his face became his own.

"If someone's important to Gerard, they're important to me."

Billie Joe scoffed, "Brendon was right," He started toward Mikey's room, "You just can't stop thinking with your dick. You're losing sight of what's good for you, which is doing your job. Now, sit," He swiftly pointed to the floor, slamming Frank onto it, "Don't move, and let me get this over with."

Frank grunted, trying to get up and move, but he couldn't, "Fuck you."

"You wish, Frankie."
~~~~~~*~~~~~~
"Go ahead, take your time. I know it's a lot to think about."

"Yeah.." Gerard sighed, running a hand through his hair. Just the thought of being an archangel left him a little uneasy, "What can archangels even... do?"

"Lots," Lindsey paused for a moment to think, "Do you know Billie Joe Armstrong?"

"Unfortunately."

"We're like him, but not chaotic evil. More like... neutral? Or lawful good, if you're a real good one. That's the range, lawful good to neutral."

"It's sad that I know what all of that means because Dungeons & Dragons."

Lindsey smiled at Gerard, "Me, too."

Gerard smiled, too. Talking about D&D made him think of when he was a teenager and got Mikey to play it with him. Wait. "Mikey."

"Mikey?"

"My brother. Billie Joe has him, but.." He sighed, feeling defeated, "I can't help him."

"Gerard?"

"Hm?"

"What did I literally just say about archangel powers?"

"That they're like- oh! So, I can save him?"

"Definitely."

Gerard looked Lindsey in the eyes with determination written across his face, "I'll do it. I'll be an archangel. For Mikey."

Lindsey smiled brightly, "You're a pretty rad and noble dude, Gerard."

He gave a light shrug, "He's my brother. I'd do anything for him."