4

"Turn the tv on babe" Justin calls from the bathroom. We've just got back from our meal and Violet is in bed, sound asleep. It's been a long couple of days for her, I'm just glad she hasn't started asking too many questions about her dad and school because I've not worked out the answers yet.

"Breaking news: Justin Bieber is on the run with Jayde Butcher and Violet Homes after attempting to kill them all in a car accident two weeks ago. Gabrielle Homes is lucky to be alive and he has told the police everything. If you see this man please report him to the police straight away, don't approach him, he may be dangerous."

"I don't believe this, that son of a bitch." Justin groans from the doorway, making me jump. "He's framing me, seriously?"

"How could you be responsible for him driving like a complete nutcase!" I shout. Justin sits on the edge of the bed, he looks like he's about to be sick. This is awful, I can't believe Gab would go this far to try and ruin my life. "As if you would play with the car so we have a crash and then what? Kidnap us? This is bull!"

"Jayde, we need to get away." Justin says in a panic, standing up quickly, like he's just realised that everyone will be looking at him as a criminal now.

"Where can we go? Everyone watches the news" I cry. I didn't realise I was actually crying until I feel a cold tear roll down my cheek.

"Hey baby please don't cry, stay strong for me, we will work through this together okay? I'm not going anywhere, nothing is going to split us up, I promise." He pulls me into a hug, kissing my forehead softly and stroking my hair for comfort.

I really hope he's right.