8

"Quick get them bags into the car and get in the front, put the hat on that's by the seat and keep your head down." Justin says sweetly before putting on a hat and sunglasses. This is ridiculous, we have to sneak around and hide like criminals when we've done nothing wrong.

"Where's mummy" I hear Violet cry from in the car. I finish putting the bags into the boot then get into the car, putting the hat on then turn to Violet in the backseat, her face is wet with tears, it breaks my heart seeing her like this, she has no idea what's going on. I never wanted this life for her.

"I'm here baby, don't worry I'm never going to leave you. Me and Justin are always going to be right beside you, okay?" I smile. I have to put keep a brave face for her, so she doesn't know somethings up. But something is really up, her dad is pressing charges against Justin because he's a jealous, controlling asshole. How am I ever going to explain that to her? I really don't know.

"Are we going to get daddy?" Violet asks, this breaks my heart. She may never see her dad again, when she's older I'll have to explain this to her, everything. Even the parts about her dad not caring about her and the way he treated me, his girlfriend, the mother of his child. 

"No baby, listen to me I'm your dad now okay? I'm going to look after you and mummy." Justin smiles to Violet as he gets in the car. "Babe, put this hat on Violet for me, we need to keep low profile and make sure no one recognises us, just until we are far enough." He smiles sadly to me.

I nod, grabbing a little hat and putting it on violets head but she's having none of it, she just keeps throws it off. "Violet you have to wear this hat okay!" I say sternly. This makes her start crying again because she hates getting in trouble,  but she doesn't take it off this time, she's finally given up. 10 mins later she falls asleep with the hat on and her bear in her arms.