18

"Ready to go?" Shan smiles at me as I put the last of my bits in my bag. I nod slowly. I'm not sure where I'm going, I don't have a home, they're just empty hotel rooms without Justin and violet. Where is my baby?

"Hey, it's all going to be okay Jayde, we're going to find violet and Justin will get out soon, he's not done anything wrong." Shan tries to reassure me, I just weep into my hands, siting on the end of the hospital bed.

"Yeah but he didn't do anything last time, but he still got 10 years. This isn't right, what did I do to deserve this?" I cry. She hugs me and shakes her head.

"I honestly don't know Jayde, but you're coming to live with me until we sort this out, I'm not having you deal with all this alone" she smiles. I nod into the hug.

"Thank you Shan" I manage to breathe out.

"Come on let's get going" she says, grabbing my bags. I follow her outside. I look at my phone and see a message from gab, it's a picture of violet in the back of his truck, eating a ice cream. My heart is about to break into a million pieces. I tap Shan and show her my screen, I can't even get any words out.

"Wait here, I'm going to show this to the officer inside." She says, walking off with my phone.

This isn't the life I wanted at all.