25

"Thank you for coming with me today, it will really help me knowing I have someone by my side" I smile at Shan as I put my blazer on over my red dress.

"Of course, I couldn't let you do this alone and I know Justin would feel better knowing I'm with you." She smiles.

"Have you spoken to him today?"

"Yeah this morning, just to let him know the plan."

"Okay cool." I look at the clock and see it's nearly 1, we've gotta be at the court at half 2. "We better get going." I say.

"Oh gosh yeah" Shan says spotting the time.

We head out to the car and set off.

"Where do you think Violet will be today?" I ask.

"Someone at the court will watch her while gab is in the court room. Whoever gets custody gets to take her home from the court." She says.

If there's a God, please help me out here, don't let the devil win my baby girl. I wouldn't rather die then never see Violet again.

As we arrive I spot Gab and Violet entering the building. I rush over and pick Violet up quickly. This could possibly be the last time I see her so I want to make it count. "Violet baby I've missed you so much" I cry, hugging her tightly.

"Mummy" she cheers.

"Don't worry pretty girl, mummy will see you very soon and we will go get some ice cream okay." I kiss her forehead before putting her back down on the ground gently.

"Yeah, the three of us will be a family again soon, you'll see" Gab says to Violet as I'm walking away.

I think I was just sick in my mouth.

"Not in a million years" I call back over my shoulder before entering the court room and taking my seat with Shan next to me.