26

"Do you have a stable home Violet can live in?" The judge asks me as I'm on the stand. This is the most nerve racking thing I've ever had to do.

"Im staying with my friend Shannon and she's got two spare rooms, so yes Violet will have a bedroom in a stable home until I get my own place."

"It says here your boyfriend Justin is in prison for trying to kill Gabrielle, is that true?"

"He's in prison yes, but he's been wrongly accused. The trail is next week and the judge will realise he shouldn't be there. He's innocent, we all know that" I say bravely. I look over at Shan and she gives me a reassuring smile.

"When you were pregnant with Violet, where was Gabrielle? Was you two together at that point?"

"He was in prison. I visited him whenever I could and yes we was still together, but not together physically."

"How did you meet Justin?" I don't understand why that matters.

"Gabrielle bought him home from prison because he needed somewhere to stay." I nod, trying to keep my voice stable.

"Thank you jayde that will be all for now. Please can I have Gabrielle on the stand."

I step off and walk back to my seat next to Shan. "Well done jayde you did well" she smiles sweetly.

God I really hope so.

"Gabrielle, do you have a stable home for Violet to live in?" The judge asks him the same starting question as me which makes me feel a bit better.

"I do yes." He nods.

"I'm looking at your criminal record here, could you explain it for me?"

"I was young and I made some mistakes, but I paid for them mistakes. I didn't deserve my cell mate to steal my girlfriend and try to kill me, surely prison was punishment enough?."

He's really worked all this out in his head already. I bet he's got an answer for everything.

Please god, be on my side this time.