Bear

"Zayn. Zayn. Wake up."
Zayn looked around confused. "Hm?"
"They're gone. Let's go."
*Icy's POV*
It was 3am and I was out to talk to an old friend. This friend lived in a very wild city. I saw everywhere people doing drugs, making out, cussing out each other, talking very loud....
"GOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!"
Oh, child, here we go.....
"Aye, shawty."
"Damn she fine."
"Come here."
Why are men so gross? A woman wearing shorts does not mean you have get a boner and cum in your pants when you see legs.....
I finally found the friend's apartment and dashed inside.
****
I rang the doorbell.
"Hello who dis?"
"Boy, who else? Open this fucking door."
My close friend, Jefferson "Bear" Fields opened the door. Bear is a drug lord in this city and he and I been tight since I was a junior in high school and he was a senior. He and I used to go out til like 3 or 4 in the morning and either smoke or buy snacks, plus talk about the deepest shit. The last time I saw him in person was when the school caught him selling drugs. We kept in touch all these years. He got out a year ago. A fine black man like him should be getting his life together, but here he is living in this trash apartment.
I hugged him tight; I finally found a friend here.
"Hey, baby," he greeted in his low, raspy voice. He grabbed his cigarette. "How's it goin wit yo music?"
"We're almost there."
"Coo."
"We met Zayn malik."
"Who dat?"
"Zayn fucking Malik?!?!??? You don't know him?"
"He a actor or sum?"
I rolled my eyes. "The nigga who left One Direction? Ring a bell? The one who's half Arabian?"
"Oh, him? Cool. That nigga a pretty boy, no homo."
"WHY DO GUYS ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY NO HOMO. YOU CAN BE STRAIGHT AND COMPLIMENT ANOTHER MAN!!!" I informed.
"A'ite damn."
"So how life been since you got out?"
"Cool, I guess. I been makin enough money to take care of myself."
It's funny because this place looked run down and a mess.
"Have you been getting a more nice job?" I asked.
"Listen, Ice," Bear said, sternly. "I'm tired of you asking me 'when are you gonna get a new job'. Never. I'm happy being a drug lord."
"But, you-"
"But, nothing. If all you came here for was to tell me what to be, then step!"
I sucked my cheeks. "Soooorry! I came because I missed you!"
"I missed you, too.... Anyways, you meet anyone else?"
"Ummm... Oh!! I met Justin Bieber!!!!"
"No you didn't."
"I swear. He's very nice."
"Show me a pic."
I revealed a selfie I took the day I first saw him and he was drinking water and my head poking into the picture.
"Woah!"
"Mm-hmmmm!"
"Y'all talked?" he asked.
"Yeah, he told me my name is pretty."
"Pft!"
"What you mean 'pft'?! Have you met anyone the past year."
"Yeah."
"Really?!?" My eyes popped out of my head. "Who?"
"Iggy Azealia."
I stared at him, then busted out laughing. "BOOOII!"
"What? She's cool and cute. She makes good music."
DJSJAAKAJCSJJAJSDUJQJSKXHSNAKSJZBQALZZJ!!!!!!!!!
I laughed even harder. Then I finally stopped, fought for air, and said "you stay thinkin a white girl is cool and cute and shit just because she has ass. Plus what good song does she have besides the one that features Jennifer Hudson???"
"You childish."
"Anyone else?"
"Nah," he replied.
"But, you been living here for a year.... I met JB and Hannah met Zayn the second we got here."
"Welp," he shrugged. "I'm not here to meet celebrities."
"But still..."
"Anyways, if the music business goes downhill for you, you and maybe Hannah can join me and sell the shit together."
I don't know about all that. I didn't want to end that way. I looked at the floor.
"Alright, I gotta get some sleep. I got business of my own in the sunny time."
But I just got here; it kinda took forever to get here. Plus, I didn't wanna go near those creepy people again.
"Can I stay here?"
"Sure. The guest room over there."
"Alright, goodnight."
The guest room was the only part of this place that was clean and didn't look like a shit hole. I put on a scarf I always carry around with me just in case, put on a hoodie, covered myself with the blanket, and went to sleep.