1.

Feeling the fresh breeze of fall on my face, blowing my hair as I make my way to the enrolment week at University, is exquisite.  I had to drive for a long while from my parents' house to College, so finally feeling the fresh air is marvelous.  It was a long drive, an hour-and-a-half long with the traffic this early in the morning.  It's my second year here and I'm growing tired of driving this much, but living with my parents has its purposes. I don't get to pay or do anything.  But I also feel ready to have a taste of autonomy and independence.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular as I walk by the board not paying attention, but I suddenly stop to look at it.

« Hello fellow student,

We are four lads renting a house with an extra room in the basement.  The entire basement is yours and very private with a bedroom and a bathroom.  Only you would have the access to it. 

We are pretty calm and responsible men studying in different fields at University looking for a simple roommate, hopefully find a friend in you too.  We are not that great at cooking, I hope you are for your own sake. 

We ask for a 300 pounds rent a month everything included.

Thank you for your time, if it interests you please text me at (0)20 7555 8000.

Have a nice day,

Liam Payne »

300 pounds a month is unbelievable and it's not even a flat, it's a house.  Who cares if it's with four boys, I get a whole basement for myself.  It could be perfect.  I hope it's clean though.  I rip the page off the board and walk to the nearest bench to contact him instantly.  I text him immediately typing quickly my interest.

« Hello Liam,

I'm Robyn and I'm very interested to rent your basement.  I can cook!  But I was just wondering how far is it from campus?  Do you think you can send me pictures too? 

I hope it's still available!

Have a nice day yourself,

Robyn Carter »

I send the text quickly, not even checking my spelling, I normally don't do a lot of mistakes, but when I'm writing in rush it can get through sometimes.  I look at the time.  Shit!  It was 8:27 AM.  I hope he's not sleeping.  I should have waited until 10...  I get up and get inside the building to do volunteering visits of the campus for the freshman students.

When I get a break for lunch I look up at my phone to pass time and notice a text from an unknown number.

Unknown :  Hi Robyn, you are the first one to reply to me.  I posted the ad this morning and actually didn't think of having a reply this soon. It's a fifteen minute walk from the house to College.  I'm still there actually, but the minute I get home I will send you pictures.  You are definitely the best prospect yet! ;)  What are you studying?  Have a nice day!:D

He seems nice.  He puts lots of emojis, I like that.  He seems to care too and he definitely was trying to joke, which charms me.

Me : Hi Liam!  I'm glad you responded that quickly.  I study English Literature majoring in creative writing.  Take your time with the pictures...  I don't want to rush you.  When will it be vacant?  What are you studying?  Have a nice day too! :D

I leave the phone next to my tray and eat my meal I just ordered from the cafeteria.  I'm not even done when I get a response back.

Liam Payne: Actually, our friend just abandoned us out of the blue...  So we are pretty desperate to find somebody this late, just before the term starts.  It's no worries, I'll send you the picture in a few.  I'm studying to be a PE teacher.

What have I gotten myself into!?  I was happy living at my parents'.  Now, this guy thinks I'm going to rent his basement.  I want it badly, but it was pretty spontaneous and if it works out, I'll need to move very quickly because the term officially starts next week.  Oh God!  Me and my spontaneity.  When am I going to learn to think before acting!?

At the end of the day, I get home and throw myself on my bed.  I struggled all day with this house renting thing.  Me, living with four boys, what have I gotten myself into?!  I really hope it is crappy so I can decline politely.  What if the boys are weird?  Why would they be?!  And why would they not?!  Liam was really kind, being weird or not doesn't change anything...

As I feel myself softly drifting to sleep, my phone vibrates on my nightstand.

Liam Payne : Hey mate!  These are the pictures of the basement.  Let me know if it still works for you.  Good night. :D

I look at it quickly, it is beautiful

I look at it quickly, it is beautiful.  I was not expecting that at all.  I'm so tired from all that driving.  I fall asleep for two seconds, but jump when I remember I need to reply to Liam.  I do and put my phone back on my nightstand to charge it and go back to sleep.

Me : I'll take it.