28.

Liam's parents have been here for an hour or so and we have settled them very comfortably in his bedroom. We are waiting in the living room for mine to arrive. I have decorated lightly the house for my Dad's birthday and I bought a cake at the grocery store yesterday, doing my best to please him.

As we sit all together and Liam talks to his parents about his training and the work he has been doing lately, I pray that my parents meeting Liam will go well and that they will like him as much as I do. I need my parents' approval. They mean absolutely everything to me and I would hate for them to not share my feelings for Liam.

The level inside me is unbearable as I see their car parking in front of the house. I get up to greet them at the door as I noticed that they parked behind Harry's car and they point it talking about something I can't hear. I open the door for them and hug them just as fast as they get in.

"Happy Birthday Daddie!" I let out as I hear both of them giggle.

I step back and giggle as well as I empty their charged arms with their overnight bags. I put them next to my door and walk back to them in the hall to take their coats and place them in the closet in the hall. I guide them in as I realise that it is the first time that my Mom sees this place.

"Mom, Dad, welcome home. This... this is Liam and his parents Karen and Geoff." I say to them as I point everyone, smiling shyly still very stressed about this whole thing.

"Happy Birthday and welcome to our home." Liam greets my father then my mother with a shake of hands and kisses as he can't stop smiling at them.

I see Mom being stressed also, but Liam's genuine kindness calms her as she then meets his parents. Dad on the other hand already starts making jokes and being very at ease. Karen and him bound instantly as everyone seems at ease with everyone. Dad takes the empty seat next to Liam as Mom and I are left to stand in the middle of the living room, so I decide to show her around the house, ending with my bedroom where she will sleep in for the next few days. I lead her downstairs with her and Dad's luggage and put them at the end of the bed before we take a seat on it.

"The house is beautiful Bynie. I'm proud of you." She warmly smiles at me, rubbing my arm in a motherly way.

"Thanks Mom."

"Now, about Liam..." She smirks at me.

"Yes?" I ask very curious and nervous to know what she thinks of him.

"He is very gorgeous and kind. He seems like a good gentleman. I can't wait to get to know him better."

"Yes, he is."

"You are not very chatty. Are you OK?"

"Yes, I'm just a little stressed out. You guys meeting Liam and all the families together is a bit much for me."

"Oh sweetie, come here." She says as she opens her arms for me to hug her.

After a while, we get back upstairs to find Dad and Liam's family laughing and having fun. It brings immediately a big smile on my face and all the stress comes down. I let them talk as I leave to prepare dinner for everyone. I get pleasantly surprised by kisses on my shoulder. Liam drags his lips to my neck before circling my shoulders with his arms. It feels good, genuinely good, but I still have this tense feeling at the pit of my stomach. I don't know what it is, but I hate it. Everything is perfect. My parents seem to like what they know of Liam so far and they get along very well with his parents. I couldn't be happier. So why am I feeling like this? It isn't right to be feeling like that. It seems like it doesn't feel as right as it should be. It confuses me more than anything. I'm losing my mind and I have no idea how to fix it.

The Roommatesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें