P r o l o g u e

October 22nd, 2015

October 22nd, 2015

Y a s m i n e

"That Friday afternoon I walked as quickly as I could to Nathan's class and waited until it was finished. As soon as he came out the door I took his hand." I said remembering how that Friday went.

"Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were going out with Alicia?" He said pulling us aside

you were going out with Alicia?" He said pulling us aside.

"Yeah but...something came up. Can we talk?" I said looking around nervously.

"Can we talk later? The guys are waiting on me." He gestured to the almost empty parking lot.

"Please Nate, it's important." He smoothed his hand over his silky low cut and gazed about briefly before turning to me.

"Alright." I towed him to a nearby bench. The more I thought about what I had to tell him the more I became nervous and short of breath, but I had to tell him. "So what's up? What's going on?" My leg jumped anxiously and my palms were sweaty. "Baby, are you OK? What's wrong? Why are you nervous?" He rubbed my hopping leg to calm it but it was no use, it started again.

"Ok so...yesterday..." I started, looking up to his eyes and then away again with a deep sigh. He caressed my shoulders and gazed about impatiently, waiting for me to speak.

"What is it Yasmine?" He asked with a hint of annoyance in his voice after which I took a deep breath and finally said, "I-I'm pregnant." He cocked his head and furrowed his brows.

"Excuse me?" He asked leaning in a bit more.

"I'm pregnant Nate." I repeated, holding my breath for a reply.

"What? How? We always use protection." He answered confidently, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Don't you remember that night? The back of your jeep at the beach..." His mouth parted slightly and his eyes widened a little. I nodded once he came to realize what I was speaking about.