C h a p t e r : 19

Y a s m i n e

Saturday March 12th, 2016

Chante took us downstairs immediately after I asked to speak with her and after talking to her about what happened last night she sat thought about it.

"Yasmine...I'm gonna be real honest with you and you not gon' like it," she said breaking the silence, "but I think you still have feelings for Nate that you're denying."

"What? Tey no I don't."

"I think you do cause...I mean, if you were really over him when he sends you messages like this it would just go over your head. It was actually on my mind but you said you were over him and I accepted that but we have to consider the possibility."

"But I did tell you that I blocked him."

"You did...but it's bothering you to the point where you had to ask me if you did the right thing and you're using Xi as a reason to hold on while you figure it out."

"Jesus..." I sighed massaging my temples. "And this is why I don't want to start anything with Toni right now." I curled up in the pool chair and sighed. " I care too much about Toni for him to be a rebound."

"Do you feel like he's a rebound?"

"Well...I mean...I don't know. I hope not. I don't want these feelings to be because I'm desperate. I don't feel like it's because I am."

"You know what? I think we need to get away from the guys for a while and figure this out. How do you feel about spending the day out? I'll take you to my thinking spot."

"You have a thinking spot?"

"I need one with the kind of life I have now. Sometimes when Chris and I wanna get away we just run to that spot and disappear for days at a time."

"That sounds...relaxing...ok...let's do it."

After quickly freshening up, we set out on our drive and eventually got to Tey's spot which consisted of a short boat ride to a small tucked away island which accommodated a beach house.

"It's beautiful here Tey!"

"I know right? Chris bought it as our little Cali getaway and I absolutely love coming here. I wish we could live here but it's too remote for our hectic lives and it's not the most ideal place to live in case of emergency."

"I get you." She took us out to the beach front between two sea grape trees that supported a very large round swing set, fit for at least five people. We both lay in it and sighed blissfully, relaxing immediately to the sound of the ocean right in front of us.