C h a p t e r : 48

Chante
July 31st, 2016

The minute my mind woke, I felt the memories of last night crashing down on me. Yes I was hurt by what I saw...it's not easy to see the love of your life in a position like that but I wasn't dumb enough to allow this to affect my marriage. I had some time to think last night and when I replayed what I saw it was actually Kehlani that pushed herself on him. I'd been watching the whole time when she hugged him.

I was thankful that Kehlani messaged me and told me she had spotted paparazzi a distance away and smashed his camera. That could have gotten messy.

I sighed and rolled out of bed holding my pounding head. I'd been crying all night last night but managed to pull myself together to fall asleep. I was actually still in my party clothes.

"How are you feeling?" I turned around and saw Chris standing by the patio door looking at me. I just shrugged and stretched, rubbing my little pudge feeling just a tad bit nauseous. After brushing my teeth and changing, I picked up the phone to call for room service. "I already called baby. It's on it's way." I nodded and lay back down in bed going to my phone. "I'm happy you stayed...I don't know how I would have lived with myself if you'd left."

"I'm sure you would have been perfectly fine." I mumbled turning away from him.

"I definitely wouldn't have...you have no idea how much I need you to live. God forbid I lose you then that's it for me." I could feel the bed sink as he sat on it. He eased over and slowly put his hand on my arm. I sighed deeply and pushed it away. "I hate it when you're mad at me...I feel like everything in my life is going wrong."

"Then you should have listened to me."

"I know and I'm sorry. I promise I won't ever allow something like that to happen again." He snaked his arm around me and held me close to him. God this felt so good but he needs to know how serious I am about this.

I tried to push his arm away but those tummy rubs were everything. I really needed those.

"Chris I just want a little space...please."

"I know baby but I can't let you be mad at me." He said kissing behind my ear going down to my neck. I instantly calmed down and took a deep breath...I hate that he knew how to relax me. Instead of pushing him away I just started to cry. "Don't cry baby...I'm so sorry." He said pulling me closer. "I'm so so so sorry baby..." He turned me over to look at me and wiped my tears away. "Look at you...such beautiful eyes and I got you here crying from them." He brushed his thumb up and down my cheek and rested his forehead on mine and then kissed it. He moved to my cheek, then my nose, to my other cheek and stopped right by my lips. As he leaned in I closed my eyes about to allow it to happen when last night popped back up in my mind. His lips brushed across mine as I pulled away. Defeated, he rested his head back on mine.

I sighed and got up, walking over to the patio, running my hands through my hair as I tried to shake the thought away. I was very territorial so I didn't like the idea that someone else's lips were on my man. As I leaned against the patio rail I took a deep breath, feeling Chris' arms form around me. He buried his head in my neck and just held me close, then leaving kisses on the side of it.

-------

After our little cuddle session, things were still a little silent between us. We went down to meet the others and have breakfast and although I was still feeling a little sad, the removed tension allowed me to cling to him like I usually would, I just wasn't as talkative.