C h a p t e r : 40

Chante
June 8th, 2016

I was about to surprise Yasmine today at her studio. I didn't tell her that Chris and I were moving back so I know she's gonna be excited to see me.

I pulled up to the address and slipped into the building with the key Toni left me. After searching for a bit I finally found the studio and saw her practicing before her large mirrors.

I giggled and went in, stopping her music from the boom box.

"Where do I sign up for classes up in here?" She was startled at first but then...

"Tey? Oh my god!" She walked toward me slowly and then suddenly squealed as we ran toward each other. We crashed into each other's arms and cried for a little bit. "What are you doing here?!" She giggled and pulled us to sit.

"Chris and I are moving back home!" Her smiled widened and she cried out in excitement and she hugged me again.

"Why the sudden decision?"

"I know we haven't really been able to talk since that day you called but I took your advice and it turns out that I'm actually pregnant." She gasped and held my hands.

"I'm gonna be an aunty?" She covered her mouth and wiggled.

"Haha yes!"

"Oh my god Tey this is amazing news! How do you feel?"

"Scared to be honest but happy at the same time."

"You don't have to be scared baby. You got this and you got me and everyone else."

"Well, I actually haven't told anyone but you and my mom. I don't really want to mention anything until the four month mark."

"Why? Is there something wrong with the baby?"

"No...more like something wrong with me. Remember I told you I had a miscarriage once because of the abortion I had?" She nodded. "Well I'm scared I'll have another one."

"That's not gonna happen again Tey. I know you said your womb is weak but now is your time. God is gonna come through for you. You just need to put all your faith in him and I promise you everything is gonna be ok." She held my hands and encouraged me. "But Toni has been your best friend longer than I have, don't you think you should at least tell him too?"

"Yeah...at least it would mean more support."

"Exactly. Just don't tell every and anyone. Close friend and family only babe." She said as she pulled me into a hug and sat us down on the floor. "I know for sure Chris is excited."

"Oh man he's ready to be a father. He's back in Atlanta trying to get everything together to move back and sent me ahead of him cause he says he doesn't want me working. I have to find him a new ass-oh shit! Yasmine...wait a minute!" I got up from the ground with the most brilliant idea. "Yasmine you have to be one of Chris' dancers. Oh my gosh!"

"What? You mean for the tour?"

"Yeah! Three of my dancers dropped out and I'm looking for a replacement! Please say yes!" She got up and looked at me with much skepticism.