C h a p t e r : 35

Yasmine
Friday 15th, 2016

Before I left I backed up all of my work on a personal flash drive and all Gio's company documents on my portable hard drive. I cleaned up my work area and packed away a few client files that were on my desk, then shut the lights off and headed out to meet Toni in the parking lot.

"Gio?" I knocked on his office door but I heard no answer. "Hello?" He didn't have any appointments today so how is he not-.

"S-Sorry Yasmine," he laughed opening his door for me to come in, "did you need me?" His shirt was a little undone so I had an idea why he took so long.

"I was just telling you that I'm leaving

"I was just telling you that I'm leaving."

"Oh alright well I will see you on Monday...if I'm correct? No appointments on the weekend?"

"No sir."

"Perfect. Wait, is Tey still having that party later? She invited me weeks ago but I told her depending on how my schedule was for the day I'd decide."

"It's not exactly a party. It's just a few of her close friends and family coming to say goodbye, nothing big."

"Ah alright, well I'll pass by then." I nodded and smiled then made my way outside. He looks so freakin good today, I thought as I observed Toni through the windshield, a smirk growing on my lips as I jogged over to his Jeep.

"Hey baby." I grinned getting into the passenger seat.

"Hey babe." He pecked my lips and smiled. "Look who I picked up." I looked in the backseat and saw my baby girl.

"Hi baby!" I stretched my hand back and wiggled her toe. She cooed and giggled kicking her feet in excitement. "Mommy missed you too snuggle butt." Ugh! I love my daughter so much! "Thank you for picking her up baby. I appreciate you." I rubbed his shoulder as he pulled out the lot.

"You two are my priority baby so you don't have to thank me. It's my job." He seemed a little down today...maybe cause Tey and Chris are leaving today.

"I still have to thank you babe. There are people out there that don't even do half of what you do for their family and I really appreciate you for it."

"If you don't stop you gon make a nigga blush." He lightly chuckled pulling into Chante's driveway. My heart was already mourning her departure. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to hold back the tears. "It's gonna be ok babe." Toni kissed the back of my hand and rested it on his cheek. "Let's go inside."