C h a p t e r : 34

Yasmine
Friday 8th, 2016

Sad to say but Chante and Chris were leaving next Friday so she had to train me for her job a week before she left just like we arranged.

"Tey I don't know what I'm gonna do when you leave. Who am I gonna hang out with when Toni is busy?" I said as she showed me around her old office.

"I don't even want to think about it

"I don't even want to think about it. You've been a bright place for me Yasmine. You always brought this calm spirit with you and anytime I'm around you I feel at peace...Chris helps too but he's always so busy. He promised that would change but we'll see. But Yas I'm really gonna miss you. I couldn't have asked for a better friend." She pulled me into a hug and I teared up.

"Oh my god who's cutting onions?" I tried to brighten the mood with a little laughter.

"Let's get back to this stuff." She giggled and brought me over to the file cabinet. "These are all of Gio's older clients filed in alphabetical order. This was before we incorporated the iPad so if you can't find someone on the iPad then it's in here. The secretary is supposed to add these to the list but I have no idea what the hell she's doing."

"You mean Jackie?"

"Yeah. She's cool and all but she lapses a lot and I usually have to pick up the slack. She's also supposed to back up the client info so incase something happens we have the information but not even that she's capable of doing so I usually do it."

"Damn Tey, why don't you make a complaint about her?"

"I didn't bother because I knew I was leaving but I'll make sure to let Gio know before I leave so he can get someone else because it's ridiculous and I don't want you to have to deal with that. Anyway...I made a list of Gio's code words and what he means by them. It's home so I'll give it to you when we go there. It's for during photo shoots so you're going to have to be sharp and remember them because he works very fast." I nodded as we moved over to the desk.

She tapped a random key on her keyboard and the Mac awoke with a picture of her and Chris on the screen.

"This is so cute Tey!" I admired the picture of Chris holding her bridal style as they kissed, while she showed off her engagement ring.

"I know right? We took this on the day he proposed to me at Disney world. It was one of the best days of my life. I'm always looking at the video over and over." She blushed opening a document. For the rest of the day Tey taught me as much as she could and I took as many notes as I could.

"This is a lot of work...I had no idea."

"It is but it gets easier to do I promise." She said as she texted on her phone. As we walked out the office door we heard laughing from down the corridor but when the persons appeared my brows furrowed. Isn't that Toni's ex?