C h a p t e r : 18

Y a s m i n e
Friday March 11th, 2016

Today I spent some quality time with my love bug at the mall. It was definitely needed after all that went down a couple days ago. I even had to switch my phone off for a minute because Nathan would not stop texting me on Instagram ever since he saw Toni and I together.

So, to get my mind off everything I did some retail therapy. My entire morning consisted of shopping for Xi and myself, a gift from my boo Chante and my momma Yola.

I just found the perfect swimsuit for Tey's last minute pool party later so I think Xi and I deserved a meal for all that hard work.

I took us to the mall cafeteria and got myself some Mc Donald's but before I ate I fed Xi, burped her and then went in on my lunch.

With the kinda hunger I'm feeling I think I might get me some nuggets to go with this Big Mac.

"Yasmine?" I looked to where my name was called...ugh...and I saw Nathan. Why me God? "Hey..."

"What do you want?" He held up his hands in defense.

"I just, I wanted to say hey."

"Well you've said it, you can leave now." I continued to eat but then he took a seat.

"What do you think you're doing?" Annoyed, I quickly tried to pack my things and chew the last bit of food I had in my mouth.

"Wait..." he tried to stop me but I pulled my hands away. "Yasmine, please...don't be like this."

"I don't know what makes you think I would want to speak with you much less see you right now."

"Yasmine, I just wanted to have a normal conversation with you."

"So did I the day I told you I was pregnant with our child but you weren't tryna hear me then."

"I'm sorry, Minnie just ple-."

"It's a little too late for that Nate." He looked down at Xi nibbling on her fingers in the stroller and I saw that look isn his eyes. He wanted to hold her but it wasn't happening. "Don't even think about asking. You weren't there to hold her when she was born and you're not going to now."

"She's beautiful. She took your features right off your face."

"And I'm happy she did. I'd hate to be reminded of you by my own baby." I sighed and stuffed my food into the baby bag under the stroller.

"You look great by the way. Guess he's treating you right huh?" He said as I slid out of my seat.

"Better than you ever did." God please...make him stop following me.

"That's great. That's all I ever wanted for you." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Could have fooled me." I fixed the stroller handle so I was able to see her while we walked.

"I really did Minnie I...I just got a little sidetracked with school and basketball." He explained walking right beside me. "It all got so stressful and I took it out on you and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you this way. When you told me you were having my child the first thing that came to my mind was how I wouldn't be able provide for her the way I wanted to. I wasn't where I wanted to be in life, I wasn't prepared for that kind of responsibility and I just freaked out."