C h a p t e r : 7

A n t h o n y

It all slowed down for her

It all slowed down for her...the way she walked toward me had me in all types of trances. The wind took strands of hair away from her perfect curls as her head rose, giving her that sexy wild look. Her eyes caught mine as I removed my darkers, her beauty sparkling within my focus.

She's even more beautiful than when I last met her and I wondered if it was even possible to grow in beauty everyday. After seeing her again I remembered that alluring presence she had about her and it was drawing me in again. She bit her lips and stuck her hands in the pockets of her coat. The minute her gaze refocused on the ground I felt the spell being broken. I need her to look at me that way again.

"Hey." I said rocking to the tip of my toes.

"Hey." She responded, nodding away the awkwardness of the moment. "Hey Chris." She said sending a small wave his way.

"Wassup?" He responded simply, adding a nod. "Y'all finally ready to go? Can't be late fah' ma own party now can I?"

"Yeah, yeah whatever." Chante said fanning him off. We got in the limo after the girls, Chris next to Chante, obviously, and I took a seat next to her. I needed to get her to talk to me somehow. She's so reserved and I wanted to get past that barrier.

"What's yo' name again?" I asked casually, rubbing my hands on my pants, even though I already knew her name.

"Yasmine." She said simply. I nodded and poked my bottom lip out.

"How are you Yasmine?"

"I'm fine." It was hard to talk to someone who was this reserved, but I persisted anyway. There's something new and different about her that my spirit is picking up. I don't know what it is but it's definitely what's drawing me to her. "You?" She asked.

"I'm gud." I said genuinely.

"That's good." She shot a smile my way as her leg bounced a little. Was she nervous or uncomfortable? I'm not sure yet, but I'll figure it out.

Y a s m i n e

There were flashes of light outside the limo and that immediately made me uncomfortable. I scooted over to Chante and tapped her shoulder.

"Chante do I have to take pictures?" I whispered in her ear.

"No no, you don't. But I should warn you that they are gonna snap pictures regardless because you came with us. Don't worry you'll be ok, and you look great so no need to worry about how the pictures would look either." She said before easing out of the limo. Chris took her hand and she was out. Damn...maybe I should have stayed home. The guy from the park exited the limo and stuck his hand out for me to take.

I sighed and took it, easing my way out of the limo, covering my eyes from the blinding camera's flash.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked me.