C h a p t e r : 39

Chante
May 28th, 2016

I was very grateful that Chris flew in my OBGYN. As she examined me, Chris and I sat looking at the screen with much anticipation.

"Alright there's your little one. You're only about eight weeks so you wouldn't really see much right now."

Chris' eyes watered as a sound came through the computers speakers.

"Is that my baby's heart beat?" He held my hand while the other wiped a falling tear, with a bright smile on his lips but as I looked at him my heart dropped. What if I have complications again?

"Yes that's the heart beat." She smiled taking a few shots for us. The pictures printed and she shut the machine off, wiping the gel off my stomach.

"I can't believe we're having a baby Tey." He sighed in disbelief, dolling my head as we looked at each other. "I can't wait to see our blessing." He kissed me and smiled helping me up off the examination table.

"Me either baby." I smiled slightly, scared of the outcome of all this.

"Are you ok? You don't look too excited about all this..." I looked at him about to answer when the doctor called for us. I peed, then went out to sit with Chris in her temp office.

"So I'll be prescribing you some vitamins and I'll also email you a diet plan based on your needs." She said looking up at me. "What's wrong Chante? You look worried." I sighed and started expressing my concerns.

"It's just that...the last time Chris and I were here...a-after the miscarriage...you said it was because I had an abortion before...that it brought about complications. I'm just worried that the same thing would happen."

"I understand your concerns but you have no need to worry. Yes, your womb has weakened because of it but if you've been keeping up with the vaginal steams then there won't be a problem. If for some reason your womb can't hold the weight of your baby we will perform the procedure I spoke to you about. We will sow up the womb and put you on bed rest."

"And you're positive this would work?"

"Yes dear, I've performed this procedure before. You're in my hands so you have no need to worry. I do suggest waiting until after the three or four month mark to announce your pregnancy so in the event there is a miscarriage there wouldn't be that much people involved." Chris held my hand and smiled at me reassuringly.

"Don't worry babe. Our baby is gonna make it this time. I can feel it." He kissed my hand and caressed the back of it with his thumb.

After leaving the doctors office we sent the errand boy to pick up the vitamins and few things for me while Chris and I lay in bed at home.

"I'm so nervous about this." I sighed as I lay on top him.

"We got this baby don't worry. I will personally take care of you if I have to."

"You can't babe. You have a tour in less than two months."

"This our baby we talking bout Tey. I will cancel that tour if I have to."

"Baby, don't forget that this is also your job. I don't want your fans to be disappointed. We sold out two million early bird tickets and counting. I'm sorry but I can't let you do that."