C h a p t e r : 33

Roman
Thursday 7th, 2016

While out on my morning run I took the opportunity to think about how I'm going to approach this situation. That's my son and he needs to know the truth.

But...

Helen is playing a really tough game and I needed to throw a hard ball.

I was afraid that one day it would have to come to this but she knows too much and I need to get rid of her. I really didn't want to get back into my old life, but this would help a great deal.

I stopped running and quickly asked Siri for a number I hadn't called in a long time immediately becoming anxious.

"Roman?"

"Ghost! How are you?"

"Well I'll be damned. I haven't heard from you in ages, what's happening brotha?"

"A lot of shit is poppin off and Imma need some backup on this."

"You know I always got ya back. You were a good man." I cringed at the word good remembering the things I used to be involved in. "What do need?"

"I need a way to get rid of someone."

"Who we baggin?"

"Helen Jones..."

"Nigga ain't that ya wife?"

"I married her for a cause. I never loved that bitch in my life and what she's doing now creates a need for her disappearance."

"Damn nigga it must be some serious shit then."

"I'll call you back to iron out the details soon."

"Aight. Bet." My gut was churning because I promised myself I wouldn't go back to that dark place but I felt like I had no other choice.

In the meantime I need to figure out a way to talk to Sheila privately. I can't ask Toni because that will obviously raise suspicions. Where did she say she worked again? That dance school?

Hmm...

I could pay her a visit.

I ran back to the house with that as my mission today.

I had to see her.

Yolande

I received a call from my secretary saying that Roman was here to me. I began to hyperventilate and look for a way out of my office...as if there were one.

"Ms Kelly?"

"I'm sorry, yes, s-send him in." What do I do? Oh my God...

The door opened and he came in closing it behind him.

"R-Roman...what are you doing here?" I was trying to play it cool but it wasn't working.

"I had to see you again." I shook my head folding my arms.

"Wh...What for?" He walked toward me slowly and my breath got caught in my throat. "W-What are you doing?" He took my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"I can't believe it really is you..." I reluctantly pulled my hands away and backed up a bit.

"What do you mean?" I cleared my throat and took a deep breath.