Yusuke's Back

I woke up the next morning with a huge grin on my face. I just had the best dream of my life, and I think I know what it means. Yusuke told me that Kayko, Kuwabara, or I have to give him some of our life force energy to bring him back. I knew that it wasn't going to be Kuwabara because that would just be plain wrong, so that left me and Kayko. I honestly think that it should be Kayko because if I kiss my twin, it would just be weird.

"Good morning Kayko." I told her as I entered Yusuke's room.

I knew she would be here, just like every other day. She's ready for him to return just as much as I am. I hope that nothing happens today so Kayko and I can be here to bring my twin back.

"Morning Skye." Kayko said back with a smile.

I gave her a smile back before we headed off to school. The school day was going great, but that changed when Kayko and I got told that her mother was in the hospital. Kayko and I went to the hospital and I stayed with her the entire time.

"I appreciate you staying with me Skye, but you know that I'll be okay by myself." Kayko told me as she glanced up from her mother.

"I know Kayko, but you're family and family sticks together." I reminded her.

Kayko gave me a weak smile, which I returned, before we settled back into silence. I just so happened to glance at the clock, and realized how late it was. I knew that we needed to get home before time was up, but I knew that we couldn't leave Kayko's mother. Before I knew it, Kayko's mother was mumbling about Yusuke and Kayko's dream. Kayko and I shared a look before running out of the hospital and straight to my house.

"We're going to cut it too close!" I yelled as we ran up the stairs.

I guess she heard me because by the time I reached the door, Kayko had already started running to my brother. I heard the ding of the clock and saw that it was midnight. I stood at the door of my brother's room as Kayko kissed my brother. I was in shock because the glow coming from Yusuke had disappeared, but he was still asleep. We waited for a few minutes but Yusuke didn't move.

"Yusuke! Yusuke!" Kayko cried before laying her head on his bed.

I stood at the door and covered my mouth. I had hoped that we had made it in time, but I guess I was wrong. I was about to enter the room to take Kayko home, when I noticed that Yusuke was slowly getting up. Kayko looked up at Yusuke and I swear I could see a smile on her face.

"Hey." was all Yusuke could say before Kayko attacked him in a hug.

I watched the scene unfold and I am happy to see that we made it just in time. Kayko hugged me before heading home, and that's when I hugged my twin.

"You have no idea how much I missed you." I whispered as I hugged Yusuke tight.

"Actually I do, but that's for another time." Yusuke whispered back, but I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"You do realize that I could feel you around me right?" I questioned as we sat on his bed.

Yusuke just gave me a grin and I knew what that meant. It meant that he knew I was right. Yusuke followed me to my room and sat next to me when I got settled into bed.

"I'm really glad that you're back twin." I told Yusuke as I looked up at him.

"Me too sis. Me too." Yusuke said with a grin.

My eyes started to close, but I reached for Yusuke's hand because I wanted to make sure that this wasn't a dream. Yusuke gripped my hand and that told me that this was real. I slept great knowing that when I wake up, that my twin would be there. I got up the next morning, took a shower, got dressed, and headed out with Yusuke. People were looking at him funny because he was acting all cheery.

"You're scaring people bro." I laughed as we were walking past an ally.

Yusuke just chuckled before the fortune teller called us over. Yusuke and I headed over to her, but then walked off because we were going to enjoy the day.

"Why thank you." I told my brother as he held the door open for me.

Yusuke just chuckled before following after me. We were at a little coffee shop and were going to enjoy ourselves, but that changed when we saw a group of guys looking like they were waiting on someone. I almost shuddered as I looked at the guy in the middle of the group, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off about him. When I looked at the leader again, I noticed that he had tiny horns.

"Please tell me you see that." I whispered to Yusuke.

"You can see the horns too." Yusuke whispered back to me.

"Well duh. They are hard to miss." I hissed back.

When I glanced at Yusuke, he had his hands raised in surrender, and I gave him a small smile to let him know that I wasn't mad at him. What the hell is going on? Yusuke and I shrugged our shoulders before going back to enjoying ourselves. That dude can have scales for all I care, but he's not going to stop us from having fun.

We listened to their conversation and found out that they were waiting on Kuwabara because he was supposed to steal some magazines. Yusuke and I shared a knowing look before continuing to listen. Kuwabara and his friends finally came in the door, but nothing lasted long because the leader said something about a receipt. As the scene unfolded, we got the shock of our lives when we found out that Kuwabara had a soft spot for kittens. I thought that was the cutest thing, but Yusuke thought different.

"I guess we're going to help out aren't we?" I questioned quietly.

Yusuke didn't say a word, but he didn't have to because the look he gave me told me that we were going to help. Yusuke and I followed the guys outside and watched the scene unfold. We took our cue when the leader tried to kill Kuwabara's kitten. Yusuke jumped in at the last minute and save the kitten. Everyone was shocked and confused until Yusuke turned around. Everything seemed to freeze when Yusuke gave them a grin. I watched Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Kuwabara's friends beat the hell out of the guys, but the leader decided to run. Yusuke handed me Kuwabara's cat, and ran after the leader.

"Take the cat." I told Kuwabara as I handed him his cat back before running off after my brother.

When I finally caught up to him, I saw that he was holding some type of creature in his hand. I couldn't believe my eyes. Demons are actually real, and my brother is holding one. Yusuke and I were both shocked when the fortune teller from earlier came into the tunnel or whatever the hell we were standing in. The fortune teller went on to tell Yusuke that he could be detective of the Spirit World.

"That's a fancy title." I started.

"What do they do?" Yusuke finished.

The fortune teller freaked us out by saying Yusuke's name, and then revealed herself to be Botan.

"And you must be Skyleiann. It's nice to finally meet you." Botan said as she looked at me.

"Same to you and please call me Skye." I grinned back.

"Am I in trouble?" Yusuke asked before Botan and I could continue our conversation.

We then hear a voice call to Yusuke. We ran out of the tunnel and came face to face with a toddler, who Yusuke called Koenma. He told Yusuke that he was the Spirit Detective of Earth. He then disappeared and Botan took the demon to Spirit World. Yusuke and I just stood there because we didn't know what to say or do.

"Well, so much for a little R&R." Yusuke sighed.

"That may be true, but know that I will help you any way that I can." I told him.

Yusuke looked at me shocked. I gave him a grin that told him that I was serious. Yusuke grinned back and that told me that he believed me.

"You know our lives are about to change right." Yusuke told me.

"Yep but at least we'll be together." I replied with a grin.

Yusuke chuckled before we headed home. I don't know what's going to happen now, but what I do know is that I'm going to help my brother protect the world. Guess I'll know more tomorrow.