Lamenting Beauty

The next morning I just laughed as my mother attacked my brother on being late for school, again. He makes me late, but my teachers understand because of my grades, so I'm good. Our mom then said that she was going to be calling the office to check to see if he was in school.

"Like I would skip." Yusuke scoffed.

I just shook my head as I followed my brother's lead. We took off running and then came to a complete stop when Hiei jumped out of a tree and landed in front of us.

"Well, if it isn't our favorite three-eyed demon." I said.

"What's up Hiei? You're not stalking me again, are you?" Yusuke added.

Hiei didn't say a word but handed us a videotape.

"What's that?" Yusuke asked.

"From Koenma." Hiei replied.

Why would Hiei be bringing Yusuke this? Shouldn't it be Botan?

"Koenma? Isn't this Botan's gig?" Yusuke asked as he took the videotape.

"I don't know. I'm following orders." Hiei replied.

"You're following Koenma's orders? Something wrong, Hiei?" Yusuke asked when Hiei didn't respond.

Hiei still didn't respond but took off after a moment.

"Strange guy." Yusuke said.

"Damn it!" Yusuke growled as the school bell rung.

We took off running and made it just in time. I stood by and listened as Yusuke and Kuwabara talked about the tape. Kayko then joined in the conversation and I couldn't help but laugh when she mentioned what Botan said that Yusuke did, which wasn't exactly the truth. We then went to Kuwabara's house and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing when Yusuke and Botan started arguing over what she told Kayko.

"Can we please just watch the video instead of arguing! You're gonna annoy my sister!" Kuwabara growled.

I hate to agree with him, but they are acting like three-year-olds and I'm really trying to be nice and not hit either of them, but I guess I'll see what happens next.

"Besides, Botan is right. Kayko's not supposed to know, so the truth would only get her in trouble. Maybe you should care more about her safety than worrying about some stupid cover story." Kuwabara said.

"I just loved being tag-teamed. Thanks a lot, sis." Yusuke sighed.

"Sorry bro., you know I love you but I'm trying not to hit the two of you, so can we please watch the tape." I said.