The Search Begins

Yusuke and I were trucking up some stairs and I couldn't help but giggle at the face that he was making. Yusuke was pissed off that he wasn't going to get a relaxing three day weekend, but I was actually happy because I was finally going to meet my pen-pal. Her name is Yasmine and she's Genkai's granddaughter. We've been pen-pals for quite some time now, and I'm stocked that we get to finally meet. When we finally reach the top, we saw a shit load of people.

"I'm guessing we're not the only ones wanting to meet her." I whispered to Yusuke.

"Looks that way sis." Yusuke whispered back.

"Urameshi!" we heard someone holler.

"Kuwabara!" Yusuke and I exclaimed in shock.

Kuwabara then went on to tell us about his abilities getting in the way of his fighting, but I couldn't really focus because I saw my pen-pal looking around. I left the two boys and went to talk to her.

"Are you Yasmine?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah. Are you Skye?" Yasmine asked back.

"The one and only." I replied.

We both squealed before hugging each other. We chatted away like we've known each other our whole lives before everyone started to go quiet. I then took notice of the older woman standing in front of the crowd and knew right then that she was Genkai. I was happy to be in her presence and Yasmine told me that we would get to watch how all of this plays out.

I watched as everyone pulled out a little white packet and giggled as I watched everyone open theirs. I noticed that some paper was red and the others were white. Yasmine explained that if you had enough spirit energy then you could turn the paper red, but if you didn't then it stayed white. I was still a bit confused, but then I thought about some more and it made sense.

I watched as Genkai handled this two idiots that thought that they deserved a chance just because they were strong fighters.

"Remind me not to piss your grandmother off." I told Yasmine after Genkai blasted the two idiots.

"Trust me, I'm with you on that." Yasmine said back.

Both of us followed after Genkai and I was shocked to see video games in the next room. I listened as Genkai explained what each game would measure and I wasn't too shocked when Yusuke beat Kuwabara on the punching game.

"Please tell me that we're not going to go through that." I whined to Yasmine as we stood in front of the forest.

"I can't say that we won't but I know my grandmother and she'll lead us out so we won't be in there long." Yasmine said.

Yasmine and I followed after Genkai and I laughed as we passed my twin.

"See ya soon twin." I laughed.

I heard Yusuke grumble something but I didn't quite catch it. We made it to the tree and just waited. I leaned against the tree, closed my eyes, and focused on my twin. I watched as Yusuke fought against this vampire type bat and knew that he would knock his lights out. I couldn't believe that Yusuke was late but I'm glad that he's safe now that he reached the tree. Genkai decided to make an exception and let Yusuke join the others. I hugged my twin and he spun me around.

"Now remember, we have to keep our eyes open for Rando." I whispered to Yusuke.

"I know sis. I know." Yusuke whispered back.

I wonder what Genkai has planned for the others next. Why does Rando want Genkai's power? Can Yusuke and Kuwabara work together to bring him down? Will I be strong enough to handle whatever happens next? I guess I'll find out soon.