Chapter 45- Surprise

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 45- Surprise

***Emmett's POV***

It's Amelia's birthday today. The funny thing is that she is clueless! So when she finds out she probably be like seriously?

I'm really excited. Amelia keeps on giving everyone weird looks as if we have done something wrong but we haven't! Well I haven't I've been good. Apart from teasing them. I remember the month I couldn't tease them! It was so unbearable! But I am happy that is behind us. Now is lunch time and I have decided to be quiet for the better or maybe for the worse depends on your view. Amelia eyed me from across the table.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"You are being quiet." She said.

"So you should appreciate that while you can because it probably won't last long." I said. She shrugged and the carried on talking to Max. I've got to admit they are kinda of cute together. You know I should show Amelia Max's baby photos she'll love them. They are hilarious. I looked down at the tray infront of me. Human food sucks. I can't believe I actually used to eat it! I still do because of Amelia through. You know I really need to come up with a plan to get her back for everything she has done to me. But everything I think of she can end up as the upper hand! Curse those wonderful powers of hers!

I don't feel like being quiet anymore so what shall I say? Hmmm.... words have never been a problem for me. I guess it is just now.

Maybe I could just make a plan to get Amelia with. Hmmm...

"Don't even think about it." Amelia said and looked at me. Oh yeah! I forgot she could read minds!

"What am I thinking of?" I asked.

"How to get me back after all the things I have done to you." She said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Why are you looking in my mind?" I asked.

"Because you were being quiet and I was wondering why you were." She said.

"Seriously! Being quiet isn't a bad thing!" I said.

"I know." She replied.

"Then why were you curious?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Just."

"Just why?"

"Just."

"This is getting annoying."

"The feeling is mutual."

"Actually Amelia you are amused." Jasper cut in.

"Who's side are you on?" She asked. Jasper shrugged.

"I'm just pointing out the truth." He said. Then the subject dropped.

***Amelia's POV***

Why does it seem that there is something up today? I mean like Uncle Emmett is quiet. Aunt Alice has No plans whatsoever. It's weird and everyone's thoughts are relatively normal. I have to keep tabs on them. After a while I exited the cafeteria with only Max and we went to our lockers. I went in my to dump my books from the previous lessons and Max did the same. I saw a folded piece of paper so in vampire speed I opened and read it. It said:

Hey Amelia, I just wanted to see if you were free later so we could hang out? You know what I mean meet me in the football pitch after school See you Anonoymous xx

I looked at the letter confused. I didn't recognise the handwriting. I shrugged, schrunched it up and threw it back in my locker. I did all of this in vampire speed so Max didn't know- so he didn't worry and I didn't think about it so dad didn't know. I just ignored it. It's probably nothing. I closed my locker and went with Max to our next lesson.