Chapter 68- Victory

All rights are to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 68- Victory

***Amelia's POV***

I opened my eyes groggily, and groaned my head was slightly pounding me but it soon ceased. I would have gotten up but I was in a much too comfortable position. I had Max's arms encircled around me, I didn't want to move from the spot I was in.

So I didn't.

"Amelia?" Max's beautiful voice asked making shivers go down my spine.

"HmmmMmmm?" I said not really opening my mouth.

"I am so but happy that you are awake. You've been out for a few hours." He said. I leaned my head back slightly So I could see him. He was upside down from my angle and looked tired, weary, concerned, happy and still radiated with the love he felt. I gave him a small smile.

"You worry too much." I said.

"Because it's you Amelia. You are my everything I could never have anything bad happened to you. It would kill me." He honestly. I then remembered what happened they weren't exactly happy memories. I gulped at what had started it.

"My mother is really dead isn't she?" I whispered.

"Yes she is Amelia." He whispered back. I sighed, I had a slight emptiness within me. I didn't know her back at the end of the day she is still my mother.

"Amelia I know I don't have the words to make you feel better but I have arms to hug you, lips to kiss you, hands to hold you. I will try to support you in anyway I can. And will forever." He said. I smiled at him. I then got up from his cradle. He looked at me concerned.

"Amelia is there anything you want?" He asked. I shuffled myself closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. I wanted to hold him a never let go.

"All I need is a hug right now because I already have you. Just keep me close." I whispered. He wrapped his arms around me and put his lips to my ear.

"Always." He promised. I felt better, I didn't need reassurance that he was always going to stay with me. I just liked him telling me that.

"I love you Maxie." I said.

"I love you too." He said. After a while I pulled away from him slightly so I could see his face. Butterflies filled my stomach at his beautiful face. He was perfect, my heart sped as we inched closer and let our lips meet. The familiar sensation tamed my longing for Max. With everything I kissed him I wanted more and more of him it was overwhelming. It's actually surprising to say that we hadn't done anything yet.

My tongue explored his mouth as his mine. My fingers interlaced with his silky hair as his arms traced my back. Every emotion I felt coursed through me. Everything seemed to be alright. I believed it to but I needed everything to be cleared and I needed to be at home.

We broke apart softly panting. I smiled at him and he returned the gesture.

"You are so beautiful Amelia." He whispered.

"Thank you Maxie." I whispered back.

"I've got a question."

"What is it?"

"Why did you carry on fighting? You must've known there was only so much you could take." He said.

"Max, I'm a lover not a fighter but I will fight for the things I love." I answered simply. He removed his arm from my back and with his hand he cupped my face, with his thumb he gently caressed my cheek.

"And that is why I went to save you after you got attacked. Well I tried... I didn't do much." He said.

"You know what? If you are internally screwing at yourself for me getting hurt I've got something for you! Everything happens for a reason, life goes on. Here's to the future because I am done with the past." I said firmly and gave him a straight look.