Chapter 53- Darkness

All rights to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 53- Darkness

***Amelia's POV***

I woke up once again and glanced at the clock as I lay on my bed. It was 6am. Time to get ready for school. Mum and Dad came in and sat beside me.

"Do you want to go to school today?" Mum asked. I shook my head, the pain in my head started to throb some more.

"No..." I said quietly and then made a strangled sound from the back of my throat.

"Well you could stay home today." Mum said.

"With Ness." Dad said. I guess that could be alright. I could stay home with Ness.

"What about you two and the rest of you guys?" I asked.

"Well we would have to go for show." Mum said. I nodded. I winced at the pain my head was causing me.

"Carlisle is going to check on you." Dad said. Then Aunt Alice came in and walked straight in my closet. I smiled very slightly at her. She would never change, which is a good thing.

"Okay Amelia I have picked out a outfit for you and how are you feeling?" She said.

"I don't know..." I said. To be honest I knew exactly how I felt. There was pain, emptiness, sadness, rejection, hurt, angry and... hungry? My tummy rumbled unexpectantly.

"I guess you are hungry." Aunt Alice said thoughtfully. I hadn't eaten since last thursday... Today was tuesday.

"I guess I am." I said trying to lighten my mood.

"Okay, so why don't you get changed, then head downstairs for some food? Carlisle is downstairs too." Mum said.

"Okay." I said and they left. I freshened up and changed then looked at myself in the mirror. I looked dreadful. Like a ghost or a living corpse. It wasn't something people would want to look at. My eyes displayed all of my emotions. There was not one little hint of happiness in them. I brushed my hair and then left the room to go downstairs. When i went downstairs I then realised something. Max would be around. I didn't want him to see me. I concentrated to where he was.

In the family room. It was safe to go in the kitchen. I slowly walked to the kitchen and opened the door. Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and Ness were in there. I greeted them quitely and sat down. Grandma gave me some food and I ate. Jacob, Uncle Emmett, Aunt Rose and Uncle Jasper entered the room while I ate. I just didn't want Max to enter. No I didn't want to avoid him, I just don't want him to say something which would a)make me suffer more b) make him angrier.

Then he walked in. Everyone stopped talking and our eyes locked. His anger facade was slowly fading. He was slightly concerned but not enough to shake him out of it. I didn't know how long we looked at each other but I just wanted to run to him and hug him despite everything he did. But I couldn't he tore away his gaze and I came crashing down to reality. He then faced his Mum.

"Don't we have to go now?" he said in a hard, low voice.