Chapter 58- apologies

All rights to Stephanie Meyer....

Chapter 58- apologies

***Max's POV***

I slept dreamlessly until I felt something stroking my hair and sending sparks through my being.

Amelia. She is the only one who could make me feel those sparks. Am I dreaming? I opened my eyes to check whether she was here or not. I opened my eyes and saw her sitting beside me.

"Amelia?" I asked as I sat up. She didn't say anything.

"You're here." I said.

"Yeah..." her beautiful voice trailed. I was just about to say something but she placed her finger on my lips silencing me. My heart sped at the contact. If only it was her lips against mine...

"We need to talk." she said. She looked so sad and hurt. I wanted to hug her and make all of her worries to vanish. I waited for her to speak but she was listening for something.

"They have gone." she whispered. I immediately got what she meant. The family had gone and we had all of the time in the world for ourselves. She removed her finger and then spoke.

"Max, I love you and I always will. I am nothing without you and I can't bare the thought of not being with you." I was surprised. She still loves me...? After all I had done for her she still wants me? I felt even more guilty for what I had done.

"I know you said that you don't love me anymore and if that's true I guess I am going to have to live with that. But I hope someday that you find someone you would love forever. I will let you go. But always remember that I will always love you. If it becomes too unbearable I guess I will have to leave. I am sorry that I have wasted your time or if I have been a nuisance. As hard as this is I'm afraid that I am going to have to let you go." she said sadly with her voice cracking at the end. Tears spilling from her eyes.

I looked at her shocked. I can't believe what she has just said. That she was simply just going to let me go. I didn't know how to feel. But the idea of her leaving me was completely unbearable. She couldn't leave me. I slowly moved my hand towards her face and brushed away stray locks of her hair behind her ear. I then wiped the tears on that side of her face and used my other hand to wipe away the other. Her heart beat sped at my actions. I cupped her face in my hands and gently caressed her cheek. She stayed stiff. Her face looked so broken and I was scared to look into her eyes. But I did anyway. Her beautiful green eyes were overflowing with tears. This is my chance to make everything right.

"Amelia, I love you with all my heart. I am incredibly sorry. No- I can't tell you how sorry I am. There aren't words. I was stupid and angry I didn't mean a word I said. I regret it. The biggest mistake of my life. I need to make it up to you. I made you suffer so badly. And I will never forgive myself for what I did. Amelia, I can't be without you. I need you. Please don't let me go." I said truthfully. She needed to know I still love her. She didn't respond at first and more tear streamed down her face. I wiped them away. She searched my eyes for the truth. She then looked confused.

"But you said that you didn't and-" she started but I silenced her by smashing my lips onto hers. She didn't respond at first and stayed stiff but she soon gave up and kissed me back.