Chapter 61- unexpected

All rights to Stephanie Meyer...

Chapter 61- unexpected

***Max's POV***

I stirred slightly in Amelia's bed not feeling Amelia next to me. I rubbed my eyes and then opened them. I looked around her room for her. Where is she? I glanced at the clock and saw that it was reaching to 10 o'clock. That's later then usual  but we did come back at midnight so I guess that's alright.

Hmmm.... maybe she went shopping with Aunt Alice? I tried to her her heart beat. It wasn't there so she must be gone out with Aunt Alice. And maybe she didn't tell me so I could sleep.I smiled she is perfect like that.

I got off her bed and saw her ring on the bed. I picked it up and held it in my hand. She never leaves without her ring... That's weird. I held onto it and walked to my room. I walked to my closet and picked some clothes before heading for the shower. After I showered I dried my hair and headed downstairs. I went to the kitchen to grab some quick breakfast since usualy it was made for me and ate it. Grandma might've gone out too.

I went to the family room and I saw Jacob and Ness and Cyan on Ness' lap . Where is everyone else? And doesn't Ness usually go shopping with the rest of the girls? I sat down and they turned their attention to me.

"Ness how come you didn't go shopping with the rest of them?" I asked. Ness furrowed her eyebrows confused and stroked Cyan.

"What do you mean? The family have gone out together to hunt and where's Amelia?" She said. I then furrowed my eyebrows where had Amelia gone?

"How long have the family been out for?" I asked.

"They have been out for hours and Amelia isn't with them." Jacob said.

"Well I woke up and she wasn't beside me." I said.

"Then where has she gone?" Ness asked.

"I don't know..." I said. Millions of thoughts crossed my mind of what could of happened to her. Is she in danger? Oh why didn't I pay attention to whether I was holding her or not?!

"Maybe we should ask the family...." Jacob trailed. Ness nodded and jumped off of Jacob and took her phone fromher pocket and called her Dad. I looked down at my fingers. If anything bad happens to her I am not going to forgive myself. I can't let anything else happen to her. She has been through enough.

Maybe she ran away...? I felt a lump in my throat. Why did she go? Did I do something wrong? Did she not want to be with me anymore? I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up and saw that it was Jacob.

"Max everything is going to be alright. i am sure she is safe wherever she is." He said.

"But why isn't she here? Did she run away?" I mananged to choke out. I felt terribl. I can't believe this is happening.

"I don't know but I am sure we will find her." He said. Then Ness came in the room with a stressed look on her face.

"Do they know where she is?" Jacob asked. Ness shook her head.

"They have been out for a while when we were sleeping. They are going to check if they could find her scent and would be coming back in a bit." She said. My heart started to pick up in pace I was being to get scared. Would she leave like this? Or maybe something happened to her?