Chapter 12

Jiae POV

I grunted as my phone alarm went off.

With my eyes still closed, I searched blindly and randomly my phone beneath the pillow i'm sleeping. At then, I heard something metallic fall on the floor, making my eyes grew wide open to see below the bed.

I didn't see it but I could sense it was my phone that had dropped. I sighed tiredly as I felt a little glad hearing that annoying alarm still continuing, signalling that my phone was still working.

It's time to get up Jiae.

I sat up and stretched out all my limbs and crack my bones a little. I looked around the room that I had stayed for two days. In Yoongi's house.

I then crawled on the floor searching for that little annoying alarm.

Found it.

I slide across the screen to look at the time. Monday. 5:34 a.m.
It's school day, and I better get ready early.

................................

"Grandpa-ah, wake up" I shooked gently the peaceful sleeping man and he moved a little.

"Jiae?" he called in his hoarse voice eyes opened a little.

I smiled apologetically, I felt bad waking him up, I just want to inform that-"I'm going to school now, thank you very much for the stay and sorry for any disturbance"

He looked at me confusedly processing something in his brain.

It took time he finally spoke up. Don't blame him, he just woke up. "What time is it?"

"5:50a.m" I answered and he sat up straight rather slowly and carefully. He is aging.

His eyes got wide and looking at me with more confusion. " You are going to school this early!" he exclaimed as he stood up straight. I could only just smile nervously.

Well he is true, I am a lot too early today when school starts at 8 a.m. ,but I have some reasons and a main reason to it.

I just couldn't face Yoongi right now. Not after yesterday's night.

I shooked unconsciously to not remember or even have a flashback of that night. It's just.... it's confuses me a lot.

Grandpa then went out of his room and went straight to the kitchen as I followed him. Don't tell me- "Well, if you are going this early, at least have some breakfast. You're recess doesn't start that early neither ,right?"

Yup, he is forcing me to eat, whether I want it or not.

I just smiled agreeing and defeatedly as I took a sit on the dining table. Grandpa took out a plastic of bread and various jams.

He took a seat besides me, and began opening the plastic bread as I opened the lid of the jams.

"So, why are you early?" he started a conservation as he took a knife and dipped in the peanut butter jam and spread it on the bread.

"Just, I think I have a lot of unfinished business in school, like homework" I gave one of my reasons.

He frowned. "You are saying like you're not a teenage anymore" and I could only giggled.

"But Jiae, it's still too early, I bet no one is at school right now. How about you wake up Yoongi to accompany you ,hmm?" I listened to his worriedness as I prepared my bread.

"No need to, Grandpa, like you said, it's still early, he should get some more sleep rather than accompanying me" I woke up early to avoid him, not to spend time with him.

I just need time to think, and he being close even like this is not helping.

"Suits you, then. Can you clean up this, Jiae? I think I want to continue my sleep a little more." and he got up. I look at his plate and raised my eyebrows, he had already finished eating. Well that was fast.

"See you this evening then" He continued before I watched his back disappear around the corner of the house.

I smiled as I knew what he meant.

At the library.

............................

Well Grandpa was right, the school was empty.

It felt different during school hours, this building looks a little bit haunted even though it is already morning.

Don't make me regret this.

I walked up to my class's building but frowned seeing it was locked.

There goes my homework.

I was bored so I had a walk around the school, just going to appreciate the beauty of my school that I had just notice.

Our school had an old school vibe that looks interesting after a whole makeover. It looks old and modern at the same time especially the garden. It really doesn't look like a normal school garden thanks to the nature club.

As I passed by the garden, my feet took me to the open space basketball field. Our school has two basketball fields. One for practice and another for any competition.

I took a seat at the podium. The cold wind morning air then brushes my skin.

I closed my eyes enjoying the peaceful noise of nature. Birds chirping, leaves scattered by the wind and a screeching sound of a skateboard.

What? Skateboard?