Chapter 23

"And I still couldn't believe he insisted a bargain with that food" Grandpa kept blabbering to himself actually about his day. I could only smile and put on a interesting look to join in the act.

It was supposed to lessen the silent awkwardness.

I am kinda happy because this is the first time this year we had a meat dinner outside and not at our usual food stall. Me and Grandpa only go on to this kind of outing only during his birthday. Which is still another couple of months.

Jiae still didn't said anything for the whole dinner. She hanged her head low and played with her food. Someone looks like she doesn't have an appetite.

"You do know wasting food is like stealing from the poor" Grandpa suddenly changed the topic. It took me by surprise with his wise and deep meaning words. And I know who was it meant.

Jiae then lifted her head and watched Grandpa who is still eating like nothing had happened. Then her gaze move to me and I only shrugged and pointed my eyes to her food with a smile.

She sighed a little before I think her first spoon of rice after a half an hour ago. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Grandpa's lips lifted a little.

We ate quietly for a while until Grandpa kept putting more and more side dishes into my plate. Like what? I made a face to him, but he didn't care. "You should eat more Yoongi, don't you have a tournament tomorrow?"

I blinked my eyes a few times.

Oh my swag.

I literally forgot about our tournament tomorrow, and we didn't even practised today because I canceled it. So that's why, Tao looks uneasy when I said it.

Tao has confident issues. Which makes him the black hole of the group.

I hit my forehead and placed it on the table. I'm doomed.

And I should've be ready when a metallic object hit my head. "No head on the table" he said.

I sighed and lifted my head while my other hand rubbed that painful hit on my head. Grandpa looks happy with my condition and drank his water.

"I'm still questioning, why are you nervous? When almost every game you won for your group" I don't even know if that was a compliment or a mocking statement.

Now it's my turn to play with the remaining food. What a gloomy day.

Then a pair of chopsticks put a piece of meat into my plate. I blinked a few times processing and lifted my head to the front while tilting it to the left. She was looking at me and I swear she smiled a little. Which also made me smile a little. At least she looks a little bit happy.

"So Jiae will you watch him tomorrow?" Wow! That should be my question.

Jiae didn't respond. She was thinking something and to add she was staring at me. I felt blood rushed to my face but I try to calm it down. Does that even make sense?

"Grandpa" she softly called. He only hummed as a response. With her eyes still on me she said those words smoothly. "I want to move out tomorrow"

I literally choked on my saliva but not that bad. I stared wide eye to her while she moved her gaze to Grandpa with those sad eyes again. But Grandpa actually laughed it off.

Now he is confusing me.

It took a while before he calmed down. He actually laughed until a tear escaped his eye. But why do I felt that wasn't happy tears.

He was acting again.

"Oh my Jiae, what a funny joke"

"I'm serious" she says rather unconfidently.

"And I'm also serious, how far can a girl like you live in this messy kind of world" another word from the wise. I only stood there silently while being a third wheel.

"I'll work" she stammered. Looks like she really wants to get out.

"What's the difference?" And it silenced her to continue. Her head hanged down back again.

"Hear this, Jiae" Grandpa waited until Jiae's eyes were focused back on him. I too also was anticipating his next wise word.

"If you really want to move out, you can" He paused a little and took a glance at me."But first you have to finish your studies. You're going to face your SATS this year right? " Jiae nodded a little.

"Secondly, have a proper job that you can actually live a long time. Being in this king world you already know it is hard to find a job. " Now it's my turn to nod.

"Lastly, find someone that can take care of you" I gulped hardly and averted my gaze to her. Surprisingly, she also looked at me. We quickly turned our heads and cleared our throats in sync.

"HEY! Not with him, definetly not with this grandpa" Grandpa raised his voice a little and we gained a little attention from the people around.

Ouch, that hurts.

Swag.

"But i'm serious, after you have all this three things, you can do whatever, wherever, whenever you want. Because on today onwards, taking care of you is my responsibility unofficially." He had a sastified smile while I was frowning.

And earned a hit on the food with his spoon. "Ow!" I exclaimed and rubbed again at the new pain spot.

"No frowning in front of the food" and I rolled annoyingly my eyes at him.

Jiae didn't say anything and continued to eat. I think someone was contolling me when I put a piece of meat into her plate. She looked up and confusedly at me. I faintly smiled but Grandpa let out a loud laugh. He patted my back, hardly.

"Wow! My grandpa is turning into a real men"

I scoffed at his mocking statement and drank my juice. "Thank you" suddenly she said still looking at me. I think I was already absorbed into her sparkling eyes.

Not to be mean, but I felt it was just the two of on the table while looking something in each others eyes.

Heart, can you please stop beating.

"For everything"