Chapter 25

We both walked along the stony path, side by side with the cool breeze brushing our faces, and the night sky watching over us.

"What do party's are like?" I try to start a conservation.

"It's just dancing, relaxing, drinking, dancing" he said with his hands in his jeans pocket.

Maybe I wasn't too obvious in taking secret glances at him.

"Is something wrong with my hair?" Screw it.

I felt my cheeks getting warm but try to act normal. "No, it's just that.." what's the right word? Should I say he looks handsome? Or different? Or breath taking? Hot?

"I know, it looks weird, right?" He took out his beanie and ruffled his own hair.

Still looks attractive.

"No no, it's not weird, it looks good on you" Yeah, maybe good is the right answer.

He let out a chuckle. "It was the principal's idea, to have a makeover to us, to look like more as a team"

"With blonde hair?" I questiomed the fact.

"I know, right?" He sighed like he doesn't like it. But it surely suits him. How can I compliment him, without my heartbeat rate keep increasing?

"You look attractive with it" there I said it.

He didn't said anything, but I knew he heard it. All I could hear was a nervous laugh as he rubbed his back neck.

"You look attractive yourself too" Oh my, I shouldn't have put blusher on my face, because I already am without it.

I didn't thought too much in my clothing. I just went for a white blouse paired with a sky light blue skirt and just black flats. And applied a little light make up.

Oddly we match.

"So do you drink?" I blurted out suddenly.

He only smiled as a yes. "Do you?"

"No, aren't we still illegal?" I asked a bit caution.

He shrugged. "Nothing's illegal being a teenager, besides I don't drink much neither, my first was with Grandpa, and how was I thankful to him, that he took care of me after that."

I smiled imagining how Grandpa would take care of a drunken boy.

"You can drink juice or cocktail, there will be" he continued.

I only nodded, and again there was silence. Until he called my name. I hummed as a response.

"You're not awkward with me, right?"

That was an odd but important question.

"I don't know, sometimes" I choosed my words carefully.

"Sorry" he muttered. "I shouldn't have said that, that night"

My thoughts fly to the day he confessed to me. It felt overwhelming now.

"It's okay" I guess.

"No, it's not okay, I shouldn't just have said that I like you and make things more awkward between us, I should've just make you like me"

Ok, my heart has backed to it's marathon.

Then he stop his tracks and looked somewhere. I followed his gaze and it looks like we have already arrived.

No wonder Mark literally invited everyone, it is a mansion that may even fit the whole school in it.

He is filthy rich.