Chapter 16

Jiae POV

I kicked a pebble out of boredom as I walked to my favourite place.

The library.

And I was alone. It somehow bothered me in fact but I shaked the thought away. I should be use walking alone like this. I shouldn't be affected just by walking with a guy from school for the past week got me.

I shouldn't be that easily affected right?

I breathed in the refreshing and cooling wind but frowned when my hair had covered my face. I tucked it back and notice something on my wrist.

A white wrist band which is not mine.

I sighed. Jiae don't think to much.

I'll just past it to Grandpa. I thought to myself as I was already in front of the library with that old man standing and guarding his vender stall.

"Grandpa!" I bid as I take some few large steps on the staircase to quickly come by in front of him.

He had his startled look but then smiled. But that smiles slowly turns upside down.

"Who are you?" He asked and I giggled knewing he was making jokes with me.

"Hmm... Grandpa doesn't seem to remember his favourite customer" I pouted trying to be cute.

I only do this kind of things in front of him, not even with my parents.

Grandpa eyed me up and down weirdly making me feel uncomfartable a little.

"Well the Jiae that I knew is a cute little girl not a big black eye panda." He said looking straight at me now.

"Panda?" I asked confused.

"Have you had a look at yourself?" he bend down a little finding something.

"Why? Is something wrong with me?" I panickedly touched my face and looked at myself from the foot till my legs, my uniform and arms. Everything's normal from my view.

"See your eyes, young girl" he gave me a slightly broken mirror.

My eyes? I took the small and fragile mirror and put it in front of me eyes. Even though it's broken, a mirror still is a mirror. It reflected my eyes but I wasn't sure whats wrong with it.

"What's wrong?" I asked cluelessly.

Grandpa sighed. "You didn't get enough sleep today, right?"

"Oh" I only uttered processing what he meant.

"How about you go back home today? Your eyes need some sleep" I could only smiled as he worried about me.

"It's okay, I don't feel like sleeping" I gave an excuse.

He frowned unsastified with my answer.

"This what we all got, whenever people care about us but we said that we are fine, they don't believe us and pushed us to have a rest when we don't need to, but when we care, they said that they are more energetic then us because of the age" he blabbered.

I scratched my back neck smiling nervously.

"I didn't mean it by ...." I was cut of midsentence. "Just suits yourself, don't let me worry about you anymore"

I pouted and make my eyes bigger to wheedle at him. I really want to laugh at myself for doing this.

This is seriously not my thing.

Grandpa rolled his eyes beneath his glasses and tried to ignored me.

"Grandpa~" I whined giddyly at him.

"What more do you want?" His voice was in monotone.

I try to grab his attention and pouted again. "Please don't be mad at me" I said trying to squeek my already small voice.

His lips went upward a little at my failed attempt.

"Grandpa!" I exclaimed now happily as I jumped a little. He finally let his walls down and laughed the old man laugh.

"I seriously hate you, now go on, my customers can't buy food, if you are here" he said making a hand gesture shooing me away.

I smiled genuinely and threw a flying kiss at him. "Love you too, Grandpa" and I hurriedly went upstairs with a smile still plastered on my face.

I went in and the first person I saw was Mijoo with her signature white buttoned down blouse and her pastel green skirt.

I waved and came to her rather excitedly.

I don't even know why.

"You look happy today" she said as I linked her arm with mine.

I just smiled with my eyes close and I heard her gasp.

I opened it and looked at her confused with her expression.

"What happened to your eyes?" I sighed, not this again.

I frowned and let go of our arms. What's wrong with me having sleepless eyes. Do I look that bad?

"Eyebags seriously doesn't you, unnie" she said rather concernly.

"Geez thanks for the compliment" I said and went off to find a random book to read.

She catch up with me. "You didn't get enough sleep?" It was a statement but it sounded like a question.

I just tiredly nodded. Now my eyes aren't cooperating with me. How can you even sleep at the library, Jiae?

"Come on" she pulled me somewhere and I could figure she was taking to my favourite spot.

Mijoo took a seat by the window and asked me to sat in front of her.

"Now tell me what happened, while my shift is still off" she said adjusting her seat comfortably with a pillow on her lap.

That's why I love her, she knows when I needed a friend to seek out.

Suddenly, I remebered Yoongi and look at the place where Mijoo was seated.

It was like my memory was playing with my imagination that he was there.

Silently closing his eyes while listening through his headphones.