Chapter 37

"I've updated some of my songs in your ipod, and there is a song called First Love that I made, when I was thinking of you" I said as I looked through her dark chocolate orbs.

We were just standing in front of each other just staring into each other. I really, really wanted to hug her, but then, there was her mother waiting in the car.

She faintly smiled as she hold the black ipod in her small pale hands and whispered a thanks. Jiae looked like she wanted to say something but was afraid, she kept glancing behind her back, afraid her mother's patience would come to a limit.

I really wanted to hate you Mrs. Yoo, but I have to love you because you brought your daughter into this world, into my world.

"Do you want to say anything?" I asked rising my eyebrows and also glanced at Grandpa who was leaning on the gates looking at us with an expression that I had never seen.

I couldn't see what was in his mind, at that time.

"I just want to say those words.." Again her voice was as small as a whisper.

"What is it?" And I leaned towards her a little to hear and see her better.

"But I'm just afraid that...." "JIAE, IT'S GETTING LATE" Her mother suddenly shouted from the car window panel cutting her sentence.

Jiae bite her lip and sighed. "Nevermind, I think i'll just text you those words"

I think I could make out what she was thinking, but even I was afraid to say those words.

You only know something's special, when you lost it.

Just then, I , I mean we heard a rather familiar screeching sound of a skateboard. I looked at Jiae's expression and she was surprised, so I turned my head around, finding who it was even though I already knew who it was.

"Hey! I have something to give to you!" Mark shouted from a far as he was holding a wraply nice gift box. I wonder what it was.

In a sec, Mark was between us, panting like he just finished a game. His hair and clothes were literally looked like he just got out from the rain.

"Here" he pushed the gift box towards Jiae, and she took hold of it. She was again speechless, but now her attention was at Mark.

Mark just chuckled as he rubbed his back neck. I really wanted to give him a towel right now. "Just a goodbye gift, I guess? I really hoped you like it, and it's a way for you to have some fun at Busan"

"What is it?" I was the one who asked, just to kill the curious cat.

"It's a secret, you have to open it, when you reach home, and text me if you like it or not, okay?" Mark looks like he was almost out of breath.

Just when Jiae wanted to say something again, the driver's car opened, and another shout could be heard but a more begging and demanding way. "I'm not leaving you here again Jiae, so please hurry up"

"Okay, mom, just a last goodbye" Jiae shouted back and faced the two of us.

"I just wanted to say, I'm so grateful to meet the both of you, literally I am, both of you showed me different ways of living my life then just sticking in my dreamland in the library, really I will repay you, someday, I promise" And Jiae gave a side hug to Mark.

"And Mark, you really need to cool off right now" she added smiling teasingly.

"You really should be grateful to me, do you know how many kilometres, I've rode with this babe" he kicked his skateboard upwards, and smoothly took hold of it.