Chapter 38

Jiae POV

I tried to balance myself by holding on the railing with the purple and pink coloured roller blade that i'm wearing, on the slippery pavement. I am risking myself, when I already know it's winter, and everything is dangerous.

I just had finished my exams a week before, and I was stuck in home nothing better to do. There is no library in Busan, so I'm just stucked up with my old novels, that I have maybe remembered everything including which page that event occurred.

I'm just to bored with life, my parents are working, father as a 24 hour taxi driver and mom as a waitress in a famous restaurant. They just don't have time for me that makes me think, why bother having me here?

I didn't make many or actually any friends when I came, maybe because everyone were busy with their exams that they didn't even bother the surroundings. I make myself comfortable with the surroundings, already familiar with the invisible treatment. I just mind my own business, studying. Truthfully, I think I did rather well in my exams.

I missed Seoul, the library, Mijoo, Grandpa, Mark and especially Yoongi. I still contact them truthfully updating them on my daily life while sounding as happy as I can when truthfully not.

I only contact Yoongi during night times, because that was the only time we can have a long talk and no disturbance. I missed him so much.

I already asked my parents that I wanted to stay Seoul during these holidays, but they didn't let me. We almost fought when they thought I loved the people at Seoul then them. Maybe it is true, maybe it is not.

"Ouch" I hardly landed on my bottom on the cold pavement. Maybe I took a wrong step, I was too busy day dreaming about my life. I checked on the newly and maybe branded roller blades that Mark gave to me. There was a note in the gift box of him asking me to not forget having fun. I smiled remembering some memories with him.

"What would you say, if I like you?" he asked me when Yoongi and I had fought, I mean had a distance between us.

"I would say you're bluffing" I kicked a pebble on the pavement. We were heading to the library at that time. Mark was my company went Yoongi wasn't.

"Hmm... But what if i'm not?"

"Come on, Mark why would you like a girl that you just had known for only a period of time?" He was making no sense.

"Then, why won't you like me?" At that time, I never thought he would be dead serious with the conservation we were having.

"You knew who I like, Mark" I stated a fact.

"What if people change, you know, just like their hearts" he quoted.

"You know Mark, you're the one who isn't confident with yourself" I said when we already reached the library.

"What do you mean?"

"You kept saying 'what if?' there's a saying that it has endless possibilities, and the possibility if we end up together, it's a possibility we can't predict"

Just then I felt my pocket jeans vibrated. My phone had received a call. I suddenly look at the surroundings. I was surprised it was getting dark, it have been 3 hours that i'm outside with the roller blades.

I tucked my phone out and swiped the screen.

"Hello"

"Hey, I miss you" the other line responded and I already knew who it was.

I smiled as I made my way back home. I already took off the roller blades for a more safer walk.

"Miss you too, how's your day, today?"