Chapter 35

Yoongi POV

I was in my comfortable place in my safe zone. Having a peaceful time with her.

Eventhough, I already knew, that I should wake up now, but I just don't want to.

Just then, I felt a pair of arms tighten the hug on my hips. A soft and sweet moan was hummed by her.

It looks like she has also woked up.

I fluttered my sleepy eyes open, and examined the surrondings. Everything was normal and even perfect.

The girl in my dreams are already back in my arms, and we had finally escaped our problems and heart breaks.

It felt good, and nothing can replace the happiness that i'm feeling right now.

I turned my head facing her, breathing in her hair as I gave a kiss on her crown.

She whimpered and closed the small distance between us, and rested her forehead on my chest.

It was a first, but it felt literally natural.

"Morning" I chirped while taking the chance to play with her hair, I really love her hair or in short say, everything about her.
I just don't understand why she hates it.

I also felt her small fingers traced maybe small circles on my tummy, good thing i'm not a ticklish person. "Morning" Jiae bid back.

It was silent again, but a silence that we both enjoy.

Just then, a sound that we never wanted to hear came loud and ckear. A car engine sound and we knew better what it meant.

Suddenly, I felt my heart sank that we had to wake up from our dreams. I also felt her shoulders went down, feeling a bit gloomed down.

Nobody said anything eventhought, the owner's car had walked in the house. Perhaps maybe Grandpa can take the visitor for some time. But not too long.

"I guess it's time to wake up" I finally broke the silence as I soothed her back up and down.

She didn't replied for a minute and then."Yeah, I guess so" and she pushed herself up to sit, with her head looking downwards.

Maybe I should brighten up the mood?

Without thinking, I pulled Jiae back with her body hovering over me. She shrieked a little until she stabled herself as she sat on top of me.

I had a smirked on my face, as I also abruptly sat up. Facing just a few centimetres from each other.

"What are you doing?" Her voice squeeked a little with her eyes avoiding mine. Maybe embarassed with the current position of us sitting.

"I just want to give you a good morning kiss" I said bluntly and I crashed my thin lips on hers.

Grandpa POV

I breathed in the scent of a hot brewed coffee, as I placed two mugs. In front of Mrs. Yoo and me.

Just wanted to make her stay for a while until the people upstairs are ready.

And when I mean ready, is actually ready to finally say goodbye.

"Thank you" she said but still not touching the coffee.

"You're welcome" I said as I took a sip, it was still hot.

"No, I mean it, thank you for taking care of Jiae for us, really I am so thankful that I think we should be indebt with you" she continued while we were facing each other having a grown up talk.

"It's a small matter, besides she isn't a burden, she is really a good help in this house, sometimes I don't even have to lift a finger to do all the chores." I happily complimented on Jiae.

"Oh she did that?" Mrs. Yoo sounded rather confused.

"Aren't you her mother?" And I saw she was a little bit taken aback, on what i've said.

"Excuse me?" I felt the atmosphere tensed up but I just laughed it off, making her even more confused with an old man like me.

"Sorry, please don't take it to the heart, I just wanted to confirm who you were." I died my laugh and continued to sip my coffee.

"Of course, i'm her mother" I was satisfied with myself when I found a blind spot.

People with an ego are really not to mess around.

"But do you act like one?" and again she was taken aback.

From afar, I was embracing myself, if she will ever explode or throw a tantrum in my house. But eventually she calmed down and started to drink the coffee.

Her expression felt a lot more relaxing after she had deank it. The work in my magic.

"Do you see that I don't act like one?" She asked calmly.

"It's not on me to judge a person" I quoted.

"It just that it was all to sudden, the black people suddenly came in saying they wanted their money. We were surprised, when they attacked our house, stamping all our furnitures with those red stickers. We were even more shocked that we were suddenly framed by a rich man, that we don't even know. We didn't knew what to do, we didn't want to tell Jiae, afraid that she might be stressed out after all that had happened to our family. We were just afraid, that we didn't have a choice"
Mrs. Yoo short storied to me and I was full ears.

I was understanding the situation and her but I was uncomfortable with one thing she just said.

"Everyone has choices" I corrected and gave a warm smile hoping she would surfaced her mistakes.

"But from my point of view, you were just thinking of yourself. You didn't see or knew what scar you had left when you left her just like that. I'm afraid to tell you, that she almost killed herself the next day" I watched carefully on her expressions. It looks like she was shocked to hear Jiae also had the will to kill herself.

"But, she made friends, good friends. That's why she's strong right now, I hope you can see that" I paused again taking another sip.

"And I just hoped you understand what she wanted, because it is her future not yours to plan off" I quoted again.

Just then Mrs. Yoo abruptly stood up, and leaving her coffee and shouted.

"JIAE!! HURRY UP! We're going home right now"

I smiled to myself. Who am I to change a person's mind?