Mine [One Shot]

Your heels clicked against the floor as you made your way inside of the giant room. People from everywhere--- businesses close to the city and far out ---all hurriedly rushed into the center of Lex Luthor's party. While you were neither a businesswoman nor a person of importance to LexCorp, you were of importance to Lex Luthor himself, which landed you a spot on the guest list.

You weren't dating him, but there was something between you two. You were sure that you liked him, and you hoped that he liked you. It took some time for him to even consider you a friend; he hated you during college. But as you both ended up living in the same city, you finally crossed paths again. After you two grew closer, you managed to learn about his dark past. Maybe, you thought, maybe that was why he was so afraid to be close to someone. Or maybe you're building up a one sided romance in your head.

Either way, you wanted to find him. You felt incredibly beautiful in the lengthy red gown and fancy updo. Your makeup took hours to do--- but this was a Lex Luthor party, and you always wanted to feel like a princess here.

"There she is, there she is!" you heard his voice from behind you say. You turned on your heel and flashed a bright smile. "Gentlemen, this is the breathtaking woman that I was telling you about."

"Hello," you greeted Lex and the group of three men. "I'm ___."

The men murmured hellos. One of them with dark brown eyes stared at you longer than the others. He was good looking--- with thick brown curls and ivory skin ---but there was something about him that made you afraid.

"She is quite beautiful, Mr. Luthor," he said lowly. He stepped closer to you. His chest nearly brushed against your bare shoulder. You could only smell the putrid mix of liquor and cigarettes on his breath.

You dropped your gaze and shivered. Lex seemed to pick up on it. He stiffened and forced a smile. "Hm... yes. Yes she is. And if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I must show her around the party." Lex placed his hand on the small of your back and stepped in front of you. "I'll speak with you all a little later."

Two of the men walked away. The creepy one with dark eyes kept his place. "Leaving without introducing us, Mr. Luthor?"

Lex stared at the ground for a second. Your eyes locked onto his; they begged for help. This guy was different from everyone else here. Those disgustingly horrifying eyes raked across your body again and again. You felt like hiding from him--- hiding from the world.

Lex cleared his throat and turned back to the man. He put one hand on his hip and let his other find your hand. "Yes. I'm afraid we are very, very busy. Lots and lots to do! Come along, ___."

He stepped forward again. This time, his hand brushed your waist. You jumped. "How about we let the lady speak for herself, hm?" He stared down at Lex with pure hatred. He was an obvious angry drunk.

"Hm, well, take this whatever way you'd like, but I have a feeling that you wouldn't care about what she said if she told you that she really didn't want to be in your presence in the first place." He smirked and squeezed your hand. "Now back away and enjoy the party without bothering her again."

The man looked down at you again. You felt like you were going to throw up. You looked away and held onto Lex as if he was the only one keeping you from getting sick. The man started off, picking up a glass of liquor off of one of the trays nearby.

Lex kept your hand as he led you back to the front of the party. He approached a strong, tall man--- one of the guards for the party. "I want that man out of here immediately," he muttered to him. The man nodded and started off.

Lex tugged on you. "Come on, ___." He look you down a hallway and into his office. He shut the door and released you. For a second, you were sad. You wanted him to hold your hand. You felt protected that way.

There was a heavy moment of silence. You crossed your arms over your chest and let out a huff of air. "I--- thank you."

He looked over at you and shook his head. "Don't thank me."

"Why not?" you scoffed. "You got rid of that creep, Lex."

"It was selfish of me to do so. I wanted him gone even before he started to get close to you. Hm, hm, hm." He walked over to his desk and opened a bottle of champagne. He poured it in two glasses and handed you one.

"Why?" you questioned.

He took a sip of the bubbling yellow liquid. "Because you're mine," he whispered.

Your fingers ran cold. You looked up at his icy blue eyes as they stared down at you intently. You seemed to stop breathing.

"Say something," he ordered, but his voice was shaking.

You looked down and gently placed your glass on his desk. You stepped up and wrapped your arms around his shoulders. He blinked in surprise as you crashed your lips against his. He blindly tried to set his champagne down as he kissed you; it spilled on the floor. His hands grasped your waist as he pulled you closer to him.

You pulled back, desperate for a breath. Lex pushed his forehead against yours and stared into your eyes. You didn't want to let go of him. "I am yours," you said.

He smiled and you slid your arms down until they wrapped around him. You buried your face in his shirt and closed your eyes. His hands slid up and down your back.

"And I'm yours, too," he said, and he bent down and kissed your hair.