Mistakes [One Shot]

This was requested by myself, because I've been in a long one shot featuring angst and fluff kind of mood.

Also, I went to Wal-Mart today and they were playing BvS.

So I felt obligated to take a picture with the love of my life

---

You knocked softly on the wooden door of Lex's office. He was working late again, he had told you. After a brief moment of silence, he gently called out, "Come in."

You opened the door. Your husband of four months turned around. A grin flashed on his face as he saw you.

"___! I thought you had gone home," he said.

You smiled nervously. "Not yet."

He made his way to his desk and opened up the bottle of his father's liquor. He poured some in a glass for you and held it out. Your heart quickened as you shook your head.

"No," you whispered, thinking of the plus sign on the pregnancy test.

It wasn't that much of a shock that you were pregnant. In fact, you weren't surprised at all to see the test as positive. And you weren't upset about it. The thought of having a baby, half you, half Lex, filled your heart with endless joy.

But Lex... he was different. His reaction was something you could never begin to guess. He had never brought up the idea of children, and had never really answered you when you commented on your desire to be a mother.

Lex's eyebrows pulled together. "Are you all right, my dear?" He took a drink from the glass himself.

"I'm fine," you answered, but your voice said the exact opposite.

"You don't look fine," he said. He stepped up and pulled you close, keeping his hands on your shoulders. "Talk to me."

You clasped your hands together over your stomach. Eyes on the floor, you let out a deep breath. "I needed to talk to you. Lex... Lex, I'm pregnant." As soon as the words left your mouth, you smiled.

Announcing it left you with excitement bubbling in your stomach. Your eyes sparkled. You looked up at your husband with anticipation.

He recoiled like you slapped him in the face. Blinking rapidly, he backed up and let go of you. He didn't speak a word. Your smile faltered and you stepped towards him, hand outstretched.

He stepped back and turned around.

Hurt washed over you. Your jaw dropped as you realized that Lex didn't want what you wanted. You wanted a family. A husband, a baby, a beautiful house filled with beautiful family photos. He wanted his company, his money, his drinks, and his perfect wife to stand at his side to add to the effect.

You getting pregnant only ruined the picture.

Your breath was shaky as you glared into his back. Anger overtook you, making your hands shake.