Happy Birthday, Lex [imagine]

Tomorrow, October 5th is Jesse Eisenberg's 33rd birthday. I'm posting this today to let everyone know that tomorrow I will be publishing this:

it will be a book of one shots featuring Columbus from Zombieland, James and Simon from The Double, J

it will be a book of one shots featuring Columbus from Zombieland, James and Simon from The Double, J. Daniel Atlas from Now You See Me, Mike from American Ultra, and James from Adventureland.

//

The cake was perfectly iced and topped with a single cherry. You had even impressed yourself with how it turned out. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and single cup of vanilla ice cream on the side.

Carefully, you lifted it and cradled it in your arms. Lex's servants offered to help you, but you refused. You could do this on your own. Besides, it would be better if just you delivered it.

The door was wide open, filled with soft sunshine that shone from the big window in the back. Your husband, Lex Luthor, was sleeping peacefully on the bed you both shared. You giggled at his vulnerable form and set the tray on the nightstand.

"Lex," you said, taking a seat on the side of the bed. You brushed back his orange hair, making his eyebrows raise and a slight hum rise out of his throat. "Lex, honey. Wake up."

"No," he mumbled.

"Please?" you pressed on.

He sighed and opened one eye. You smiled at him, making him smile right back, and he rolled over onto his back. "Well, since you said please."

You leaned over him and grinned. "Happy birthday, baby." He hummed again as you kissed him sweetly. "I got somethin' for you."

"Yeah?" he asked. You pulled back and let him sit up. You handed him the tray and he widened his eyes. "Wow, babe. Did you make this yourself?"

"Yup," you said. "Happy birthday! I thought it'd be a good idea to have cake for breakfast. Chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, and one cherry. Oh! And ice cream."

"Hm... you spoil me, love," he said. He kissed you. "Thank you."

"No problem," you replied with a shrug. "You only turn thirty three once." You picked up the knife and started to cut the cake. You gave Lex the biggest piece, and added the cherry on top.

"It's really good, babe," he complimented around his first bite. There was chocolate frosting on his lip. You giggled and wiped it. "Hm! Thank you."

"I'm glad you like it," you said. You kissed his head. "I made reservations for the fancy new restaurant downtown. It cost an arm and a leg, no joke. It was all booked, so I told them who I was and put in an extra two hundred dollars."

"Two hundred?" he asked. "Babe, you shouldn't have---"

"Please," you scoffed. "You spoil me all of the time. Just let me spoil you once!"

"Fine." He plucked the cherry off the chocolate frosting. Raising his eyebrows, he offered it to you. You shook your head. "Babe, please. I want you to have it."

Rolling your eyes, you opened your lips. He gently set the cherry between them, and with a hum, he pushed it into your mouth. You smiled at him as he leaned in and kissed you deeply. He tasted the cherry on your lips and pulled back. He licked his lips and his fingers. You laughed.

"Happy birthday, Lex."