Finch's Daughter [one shot] [part one]

Ahh I am so sorry that I haven't updated this weekend! Sadly, I've been pretty busy. Since I was gone, I started on a two part one shot [this] that has been requested by a few of you: a story where you're Finch's daughter.

Those of you that follow me on instagram (@ alexluthors or @ riahtouille) would have seen this

the cover for my upcoming Jesse Eisenberg character one shots coming up on October 5th!

//

You were gracefully walking across the white tiled floor with a glass of champagne in your hand. No music played at this party, no people danced. Little groups of rich old men and their wealthy sons and wives and daughters were scattered around. You were the only one that wasn't here for business.

"___," his voice said. You turned around, blushing at the sight of him. His hands rested on his hips and his eyes swept over your figure. You were wearing a (f/c) dress; bought by him of course. "My, my, my. You look... exquisite. Perfect. Unbearably beautiful."

You smiled. "Thanks. You're looking nice as well."

"Huh? Oh, please. Just my work uniform." He shook his head, his eyes never leaving you. He grinned and held out his hand. "Shall we?"

You took his hand without hesitation. He quickly stepped with you, circling his arm around your waist and keeping his lips by your ear. You laughed as he murmured the latest gossip about each and every rich guy here. That one earned his money from his mother after she sued her ninth husband. That one doesn't even have money. Him? Oh, he sells wine at the subway.

"Where do you hear these things?" you asked.

"Everywhere," he said. He stopped you before a hallway. Taking the empty glass from your hand, he placed it in a nearby tray. Before you could blink, he was taking you down the hall. "I know everything about everyone at these parties."

"Even me?" you challenged.

"Oh... especially you!" he said. You were shocked. Lex had only taken you on a couple of dates. He didn't even have your phone number. "My dear, dear ___. ___, ___, ___. Hm. ___ Finch."

You stopped midstep and gasped. Turning your eyes to look at him, you stuttered. "I... I...am..."

"The daughter of the senator?" He nodded. "Yes. Yes, I know. Of course I know."

You shut your mouth and stepped away from him. Your head was spinning. Half of your time was spent trying to keep it hidden. So how did he find out? You knew that he had a sinister plan in the works--- one you didn't even know of. And you knew that your mother stopped trusting him when she first met him. He's not what he seems. He will stab anyone in the back to get what he wants. He's no more... maybe even less a man than his father. Trembling slightly, you stopped and hugged your arms close to your chest.

"We don't even get along," you said. Lex was at your side. "Whatever you want me to do, she won't listen to me. We don't get along!"

"Shhh," he soothed, putting both of his hands on the wall, trapping you in his hold. You gulped as he leaned in. His lips brushed against yours once before he moved up to kiss your forehead. "Do you really, really think that I wanted something from you?"

"Lex... I... I know you're afraid that she's going to block your import license for the green rock or whatever, but look. I have no say in what my Mom does! She doesn't care about my opinion. And if you... if you actually believe that you can use me for your own personal gain... think again." It hurt to say, but you were glad you did. You started to walk around him when his hand snatched ahold of your wrist.

"You do not trust me," he said softly. He gently pushed you back into your original position where you were.  "And that is because of your mother. ___, I was simply letting you know that I was aware of the truth. Ah. You believe me, don't you?" His breath smelled of peppermint and champagne. He gripped your waist. "What will change your mind, my dear?"

"I never said I didn't believe you." You bit your lip and looked away. "I want to," you said in defeat. "But I've heard so many stories."

"All from your mother," he said. He sighed and backed away.

"Yeah," you replied. You swallowed. "I'm scared, Lex."

His eyebrows furrowed together. "Why?" he asked with genuine concern.

"Because..." you began, sucking in a deep breath to prepare yourself. Your shoulders dropped in defeat as you shook your head. "Because I love you, Lex Luthor."

You impatiently waited for his response. Thankfully, he didn't take any time at all before he stepped right back up to you, cupped his hands around your cheeks, and crashed his lips against yours. Your eyelids fluttered closed and you grabbed onto his waist. A sigh escaped your lips as he broke away to tilt his head, giving himself better access to your lips.

A warmth spread in your chest. He held you carefully, his lips soft and passionate against yours. You realized that there was no way he was using you. No one kissed someone like this unless they loved them. You laughed in pure happiness.

He broke away and watched you carefully. "I do love you, ___ Finch."

"I know you do," you said.

//

You escaped into the chilly night after the party. Your ride was waiting outside. Lex watched you climb into your taxi from his office window. You smiled up at him as you slid into the back seat. The window fogged up as soon as you shut the door.

You sighed and pulled out your phone. A bit of anxiety crept into your gut as you considered calling. You hadn't called in months. Would she answer? Of course she would. You're her daughter. You chewed on your lip as you quickly dialed.

"Hello?" her voice picked up on the second ring.

"Hey," you said. "Hey... uh... Mom."

She paused. "___."

"Yeah," you replied. The back of your head hit the seat and you shut your eyes. "Hi."

"Hi," she said. She sounded almost happy. "I'm a little surprised you called. Especially at midnight."

"Oh gosh!" you exclaimed, glancing at the clock on the taxi's radio. "I hope you weren't asleep, Mom. I didn't even think about the time because I've been working nights."

"Oh no. I've just been working in my office late." She paused. "So what is it?"

"Huh?"

"___, I think I know my daughter well enough to know that she wouldn't just call for a nice long chat at midnight," she said. You sighed. "What is it?"

You were so nervous. Your heart was racing, your hands sweating. With a shaky breath, you prepared yourself.

"I want you to not block Lex Luthor's import license."