Jealousy [Imagine]

[Requested by            nowyoujesseme]

            ---

Lex was practically fuming as he saw you laugh with the man. Your ex boyfriend, you had told Lex. You had dated him for two years before you met Lex. And there he was, tall, short brown hair, dark brown eyes, and obviously flirting with you.

Lex placed his hands on his hips and looked down at his shoes. Waves of anger rolled over his shoulders. His muscles tightened. You laughed again. He flinched and turned to go.

"Lex!" you called out. He raised his head. You waved him forward. "Come meet Jack." He paused, unsure of whether he could trust himself to just go and shake his hand. All he could think of was how many times Jack must've placed that hand on your waist, your hand, and the side of your neck. "Lex?"

Lex allowed himself to walk, keeping his steps even and his face calm. He flashed a bright grin and immediately wrapped one of his arms around your shoulders tightly, bringing you against his side.

"Jack, this is my boyfriend. Lex," you introduced them. "Lex, this is Jack. I've mentioned him before."

"Mhm, hello!" He reluctantly held out his hand.

"Hello, Lex," Jack said as he shook Lex's hand.

"How long are you visiting Metropolis?"

"Just another night," he said. "I'm here for just business."

Lex smirked. Good. "Oh, well, I hope you enjoy your stay here."

Jack nodded. "It's good to see ___ with someone with a far better chance to give her a nice future." He glanced around the lobby of LexCorp.

"Mhm, well..." He smirked and looked down at you. You blushed as he tightened his hold on you and leaned forward, letting his hair tickle your cheeks as he kissed your hair. "I do love her."

"That's good," Jack said, acting like there was someplace else he could be.

Lex felt pride swell up in his chest. With you hanging onto his hip and practically glued to his side, it was clear who you belonged to. You were his. If it was possible, he would glue you against him. That way no one, not Jack or any other man in the world, could rip you away. Not like they would even have a chance.

You broke the silence. "Well, it was great seeing you again, Jack," you said. "Maybe we could get a cup of coffee sometime before you leave the city?"

"Sure," Jack said, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Yeah, that would be great."

Lex moved his hand to your back. "I must be heading back to my office," he said. He nodded to Jack and looked down at you. "I'll see you later tonight for dinner, babe." Feeling more pride swell up, he gently grabbed your face and gave you a quick kiss. Before he walked off, he shot a glare at Jack.

Later that day, as you delivered Lex another cup of hot tea, you confronted him. "Lex, it's pretty clear that you were jealous today."

"Hm? When?" he asked innocently, tossing a blue stress ball into the air.

"You know when," you replied, crossing your arms against your chest. "And although it was incredibly cute, you have to realize that you're it for me. This... this is it. No guy is going to change that."

Lex placed the ball on his desk and smirked. He pushed his chair out and gestured for you to come. You did, a smile wide on your face. "Good," he said in reply to your comment, "Because I wouldn't let them. You are mine."

He placed his hands on your waist and you leaned down to kiss his head. "Mhm. And don't ever think anything different," you whispered. He shut his eyes and held you tighter.