3 a.m. [imagine]

Requested by singing_disaster

This was really cute and silly and I loved it.

//

You sighed as you checked the freezer for your favorite dessert; ice cream. It was an unusually humid night. The air was blasting, but it was too hot out to even sleep. And to make matters worse, you were completely out of ice cream.

"Babe?" you said to your boyfriend, who was staying with you to escape his late night work. "We're out of ice cream."

He looked up from the kitchen table and raised his eyebrows. "And?"

"And we should go get some," you suggested. "Seriously, I'm dying."

"Dying," he stated with a laugh.

"Yeah," you replied seriously.

"Mhm. And have you looked at the time, ___? Dear, it is three in the morning," he reminded you. You pouted. He flashed a smile and shrugged. "Ah, well... since you're dying I guess we can go get your ice cream."

//

The store was, of course, nearly empty. Only a couple of exhausted and bored employees stood at cash registers. You and Lex were dressed in pajamas, but you didn't even care. He kept his arm around you as you both walked quickly to the ice cream aisle.

"Ah, what flavor do you want?" he asked, opening the frost covered door of the freezer. You thought for a moment before asking for your two favorite flavors. As he got the ice cream, you ran to the end of the aisle and grabbed an armful of sweets. "Really?"

"Might as well have sundaes," you said.

"Hm. Did you at least get cherries?" he asked.

"Two jars," you answered. You reached up to give him a quick peck on the lips. "Just because they're your favorite and I love you."

He smiled. "I love you, too."