Realization [Imagine]

Imagine finding out that Lex had been secretly planning to murder Superman behind your back.

---

"Lex," you cried, clutching the file in your hand. "Please tell me that this isn't what I think it is."

Lex flickered his eyes around you nervously as he searched for an answer. He swallowed and stepped forward. "Um--- well, babe---"

"Gosh, you're--- you're sick!"

"Hm? Am I? Really, am I the wrong one here? Don't you see the problem with unlawful power? ___, my dear, you're the entire reason I began this---"

"Don't," you said, tears falling from your swollen eyes. "That is such a lie, Lex. You are trying to make this seem selfless, but it's all for you. You want this, not me. I can't even look at you right now!"

"Why?" he asked softly. "Because I'm a murderer? Because soon enough the god of Metropolis will be dead? Because I'm powerful? Hm? What is it, my dear?" He tilted his head and smirked.

You shook your head. None of that meant anything to you. You and Lex always had similar personalities. "Because you went behind my back, Lex. I trusted you and I thought that you could trust me."

He didn't speak. He simply continued to smile at you. You realized that you were wrong; he never cared about you or loved you. He used you.

"I was wrong." You tossed the file onto his father's desk and walked around him, leaving without a second glance in his direction.