Wayne Enterprises [part two] [One Shot]

My lex luthor instagram is @ alexluthors !!!

---

Bruce walked into the kitchen, surprised to see you pouring yourself a cup of coffee. You hadn't left your room in weeks. Alfred would bring you food, which you hardly touched, and you would avoid speaking to your father at all costs.

"Good morning," he said carefully, opening the cabinet. He grabbed a white mug, his eyes on you the entire time.

"Just because I'm up doesn't mean I'm talking to you," you said coldly.

Bruce smirked. "Ah, but it's good to hear your voice." He walked over to you and kissed the top of your head. You smiled a little bit. Bruce pulled back and brushed some of your hair behind your ear. "I'm sorry for what I said before, ___. You know that I think you're the most beautiful and talented woman in all of Gotham. That's why I can't seem to find a man good enough for you."

You shook your head. "But you were right, Dad." Bruce watched you carefully. "Lex doesn't want anything to do with me. All I am to him is Bruce Wayne's daughter."

His face hardened. "Did he say that?"

"He said that what we had was temporary," you said, your throat burning. After a moment, you allowed yourself to speak again. "It doesn't matter. I'm done moping around."

"Good." Bruce nodded. "That's good."

"But I'm leaving Gotham," you whispered.

Bruce froze. "Because of him," he stated. It wasn't a question; he knew that was the only reason. You looked up at him and slowly nodded. "Do what you think is best."

"He's just... everywhere, you know?" you said, looking at the floor.

"Yeah," he replied. He tried not to show that he was sad, but the thought of you packing everything up, moving out, and leaving Bruce to wake up with silence in the kitchen and go to bed with nothing but the sound of the lake outside was too much.

"I'm sorry, Dad," you whispered, and you walked away. You locked yourself back in your room and didn't come out.

---

A few weeks later, Bruce held the invitation in his hands. He sighed and rubbed his face, a headache beginning to form at his temples. A part of him knew that he needed to go. As the weeks went on, Bruce discovered that Lex Luthor hadn't been the calm business owner he claimed to be. He was expecting a shipment of Kryptonite.

With this invitation, he wouldn't have to break in. You wouldn't want him to go, though. It's been almost two months and you haven't made an effort to contact Lex Luthor.

Bruce stood, took a long drink of wine, and started towards your room. Your bedroom door was opened and you were packing up more boxes. Bruce leaned against the door frame and smiled, his fist knocking against the wall.

You glanced up. "Hey, Dad," you said.

"Hey," he replied. "Do you have plans for November first?"

You paused. "Um, no. I don't think so, why?"

"I was invited to a party," he said, flashing another grin. "And I was wondering if you wanted to be my date." You sighed. "It'll be one of your last days in Gotham, ___. I just want to spend as much time with you as possible."

You smiled. "So you don't have a lady friend to go with you?"

"Afraid I didn't ask," he said. "So will you go?"

You sighed. "Where is it?"

Bruce swallowed. "Uh, in one of the companies I own in Metropolis," he said. He paused and glanced off. "Or do I own that one? Huh. Who knows."