Abstract [One Shot]

Requested by Oreochann.

QUESTION: if i make a suicide squad joker fanfiction, what would you like to see? give me any and all ideas you may have!

            ---

Lex smiled at the crowd of party goers in his home. They all carried themselves in a way that just screamed money. It made him feel proud to know that they were here for him and only him. All thanks to the earnings of his father before his passing, nonetheless.

When would you be here? You had promised to arrive shortly before midnight, after your work shift. Lex always felt uneasy without you by his side, and he longed to have you here. Besides, what better way to show off his new fiancée than to hold her next to him during a night long party?

Lex, despite having a great deal of clients to speak with during each party of his, couldn't stay away from the alcohol. He drank glass after glass of bubbling gold champagne as he walked through the cheerful crowd. Several people called out to get his attention, however he was far too tipsy to focus on them. He smiled and nodded, mumbling hellos every few seconds to no one in particular.

"Mr. Luthor," Mercy said from behind him.

Lex spun around on his heels to face his assistant. "Yes?"

"I have a couple who would like to speak with you," she said, gesturing to the well dressed man and woman to her left. "They want to discuss partnerships."

Lex felt too buzzed to speak about anything work related, but he didn't want to show it. So he placed his hand on his hip and nodded. "Sure, sure. Yes! Follow me." He spun around and waved them forward. They ended up at the far end of the party with fresh glasses of champagne in their hands.

"Mr. Luthor," the man started.

"Please, call me Lex," he said. "And no need to rush! Introduce yourselves."

The man nodded. "You're right. I'm Darius, and this is my wife, Lily. We are hoping to partner with LexCorp. We run a slightly smaller organization..."

Lex couldn't focus on what he was saying. A thousand things were spinning around his head. He could hear the quick pops of the fizzy drink, the giggles of the drunk women, the tingling noises of jewelry and fancy glasses beating together, and a million voices.

"So, Lex? What do you think?" Darius questioned happily, sipping his champagne.

Lex blinked. "Hm. Yes, yes, I loved it. Mhm! I'll have my assistant contact you Monday morning."

Darius grinned. "Thank you, sir! It's such a relief to hear you---"

"What beautiful paintings," Lily gushed suddenly, her red lips pulling up into a beautiful smile. Lex watched as she left her husband side to start to the hall, her eyes focused on one of Lex's least favorite paintings. "I must say, Mr. Luthor, I did not expect such an abundance of artwork here."

"Hm, well, I am an admirer of the arts," he said. He grinned at her and took another drink. She giggled longer than she should have; obviously drunk. Lex observed her carefully. She was tall, taller than even her husband, and hard short black hair that curled into her neck.

Her eyes flashed as she noticed his stare. "Mr. Luthor, could you please explain this painting to me?" she asked, her lip coming out into a pout.

He nodded. "Of course." He turned towards the painting and licked at his lips, waiting for the meaning to crash over him like a wave. Nothing did. The painting was nothing more than strokes of brown over a white canvas to create a figure. "Uh... I'm not sure. Hm! I guess it's just not my art style."